• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where do all the M105s go?

white135

Not to sound whiny or nothing, But I see so many postings about all the 105s being sold at GL, and many people who buy 3 or 4 at a time, But I never see any for sale anywhere?

I think that its just jealasy talking, because I would love to have a105 for my truck. unfortunitly I dont have the time or money to deal with Gl and with my truck not being roadworthy yet, I can't go driving around looking for one..

Anyway, Just wondering where they are all disappearing to.

Good luck to everyone with all your Projects, hoping the weather breaks soon so I can work on my truck.

Thanks,
Eric

ps, sorry for the spelling, Spelcheck was not working on this machine.

acetomatoco

I scrapped 15 of them.. Kept the tires and wheels and taillights...bye bye,,, of course I only paid $17 ea for them...Junk yard guy picked em up and delivered the parts to me... only 50 miles away..the good old days... Westover AFB, MA

FrankUSMC

I bought 10 in the 90s, kept one (made it into a chicken coop for the "girls"), the rest I sold to a dealer who scrapped them. My friend who buys some of them down here bids as if he is buying the tires to resell. Sad thing about the M105, it is very heavy and there is just not a lot demand for them. My friend keeps the real nice ones, the rest he cuts. He can sell the axle and tires for what he can sell a whole trailer for.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'll bet a lot of people are using them as storage sheds. That's what I use mine for 90% of the time.

FrankUSMC

PM me with what you are looking for. He will cut me a deal on parts as I have helped him out several times and he has not forgotten about it. I have not forgotten that you helped me ID some parts, so if he has the parts, what ever he asks, that is what I will pass to you. Thanks again for your help.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

acetomatoco

Those little stainless pins are used in a lot of applications. Get the NSN out of you manual and query the folks at CME "finder" for a quote. Saturn may have em, too, among others. They may be the same ones used on the generator trailers to hold the bows in.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've picked up 2 so far from El Paso, 1 to go, both have brand new rubber on them, which will go on the trucks I just bought.

FrankUSMC

I will check my M105 trailer (chicken coop) to see if it has the pins on it. I will look at it tomorrow.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

amanco

Just picked up one (M105) for Lane at Wright Pat today. The one with the giant saw.
I also caught sight of a M101A1 in some weeds with a bunch of junk civi trailers the other day. I need to see if that one is for sale!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure where all of them went, but I do know were seven went...to my house.

BFR: What are you trying to spend on your beater M105? I might have a clean M105 that I'd part with...only problem is that I am in Maryland. PM me if you are interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks