• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where Do I Buy CARC Paint?

landry1

I am looking to paint my m1008 and i am wondering where do you buy the paint. I am looking for that military green look like this truck has: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp07uI4CbIw&feature=related[/media]

Thankyou!

ralbelt

I was able to get mine at a local Sherwin-Williams automotive paint store its was a special order. 383 Green. PM me and i'll send you the details.

My shermin williams store jumped through some hoops to get mine also. They have to get it from there industrial chemical coatings division. I have one gallon of 383 left. It took less than a gallon to do my M1009 the rest is going into spray paint cans (there is a local guy who can do this.)

emr

yea the arvoe and gilespie are the way to go, almost perfect match, and a reasonable cost. I am an arvoe guy but they are all inexpensive paint and work just fine, U will not get a better job just because it has the carc additive in it...Al Haague ...Al the paint man, in NJ He is in the MV mag ...great guy to deal with and fast service no hassles...hope this helps...

USMC6062

CARC is way better paint. It is a polyurethane, where the Gillespie is synthetic enamel. I'm using some Gillespie right now on my bobber, mainly because of the color I'm using and the cost. When I paint my deuce, I'm going to use CARC for the correct look and durability. The only thing I don't like about the CARC that I've used is that it scratches real easy, but that's somewhat normal for totally flat paint.

Stalwart

I have real CARC on my '93 civilian Hummer, it holds up WAY better than those synthetic enamels. I will pay more for a higher solid paint that lasts longer . . . but that's just me. :wink:

Since the HEMTT is painted with Gillespie I will paint the new cargo sides with it, at the net repaint I'll go with polyurethane.

emr

I stand corrected, and do believe it is a better paint, But it is My opinion.. that the others are just as good, and the way i spray mine looks exactly like carc, on my M925, i park next to in service trucks all the time and the arvoe woodland is an exact match to the new trucks. I prefer arvoe its 24087 is the best match say all the experts, and i have the experience to park my arvoe next to active trucks all the time and it is perfect, now my spraying skills are the lets get it done type, and its really as good as any mil truck in texture and looks, As for the price, i have seen $30 gallon prices of carc at the MTA swap meet and in the MTA newsletter, check out the web and maybe a way to get classifieds not sure mtaofnj.org ...oh and with all the mil trucks as rusty as i see, I strongly feel carc is too brittle, and just harder to work with for touch ups, and then there is the breathing thing when working with it, Sure it is only as bad as regular paint, well thats what is said, sorry I do not belive it. And do not want to find out. But thats for me, and an opinion from the experiences I have...Randy

Last edited:

Avn-Tech

Group,

Shannon Deese, a group member is a Carc Paint dealer. If you can not find him as he rarly visits the form, let me know and I will contact him.

Laterrrrr
Avn-Tech

MIL-DTL-53039C, Type II Chemical Agent Resistant Coating

I painted mine green so i dont have the codes for black on this sheet just green and brown.

Green 383, 34094........F93G106 $65.00
Brown 383, 30051.......F93N108 $65.00

Reducer is type one but works great, even for cleaning

R91K20 $16.99

Now keep in mind they may not sell to the general public without a good reason. I am an Army Officer and had my CUCV outside to show them what I was painting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks