• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where do I find the VIN # on M931A2

Engine5

Need a bit of help, as stupid as this sounds....where do I find the VIN # on an M931A2? I tried applying for my SF97 and ended up giving them a DTID #, I have no idea where to find a VIN # on this truck. Gave a quick look at frame and door jam, nothing.
Thanks,
Mike

R Racing

Normally the Dash is the easiest place. The drivers frame rail behind the steering box a bit . Should be stamped in the frame. Sometimes they get filled with dirt or paint and get hard to see.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the OP, your serial will be in one of these formats
M931A2 1007AAxxx
M931A2 1007ABxxx
Model Serial#
M931A2 1030AAxxx
M931A2 1044AAxxx
M931A2 2007ABxxx
M931A2 31/xxxxx

I have yet to find any serial on the frame of a BMY vehicle where it is on AM General vehicles. Dash plate hopefully for you.

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all due respect you are wrong at least in my case.
The Nol is on the truck and on truck title and the # also matches the frame.
And I also stated on on my truck that's the way it is.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the 2015 vin thread,

a. Serial Number (VIN number) ------without dashes or spaces (0123456789 correct, 0123-456789 incorrect)
b. Registration Number -----also without dashes and do not use the letter O (Oscar) use 0 (zero) and don't use letter I (india) use number 1 (one).
c. NSN without dashes -----uh, one more time, without dashes
Using the registration number infront of the serial number is not the correct "Vin #". You should be using ONLY the serial number to title or register the truck.

Engine5

5tonvin 2015-02-07 001.jpgThanks for all the info. So these are the numbers I found on the drivers side frame. But what I also noticed was that Ironplanet.com issues SF97 with the Serial number as a VIN #, but I was under the impression that you need 17 numbers/letters for VIN #.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the 12302952A is the P/N of the frame side and the other numbers I do not think are the s/n also.
A 923A2 should start with a 23xxxxxx But I maybe wrong.

Csm Davis

View attachment 541274Thanks for all the info. So these are the numbers I found on the drivers side frame. But what I also noticed was that Ironplanet.com issues SF97 with the Serial number as a VIN #, but I was under the impression that you need 17 numbers/letters for VIN #.
Do any of the numbers match the numbers on the dash? Doesn't look like they will, for you and anyone else who is looking for a number on a BMY they are insanely hard to read straight from the manufacturer they were very lightly stamped for the most part, many so light that they were hard to find after blasting the frame down to the bare metal. Coffee I hate it for you bud but if your registration code is on your frame some Beatle Bailey put it there, the RSMS and other units all have (fixed) the unreadable serial numbers on the frames of many trucks, by restamping the numbers. Many times the ID numbers get put in on the serial number blank with the actual serial number by soldiers or others that are not in the know or were ordered to add it. That doesn't mean that it is part of the serial number, also whatever is on any paperwork you may have is just got the numbers entered after the truck was released from the military, so entered by govliquidation or govplanet employees that haven't got any idea what the actual number should be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks