• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do I get military paint for my trailer?

7081M1102

Where do I get military paint for my trailer? What is the color code? I have what I call is tan M1102 trailer.

Thanks

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to Home Depot and ask for the Federal Color Codes, they have them, they might know they have them, but they do. A lot of paint info here in the forum also.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you want just the tan color paint or do you want the real Chemical Agent Resistant Coating (CARC) paint?

This question is covered many many times in the paint Forum and many of the other truck sections.

You can get real CARC paint, fake CARC enamal, house paint, or just about anything you want.

And yes 686 is just a color code for desert tan.

Last edited:

7081M1102

Do you want just the tan color paint or do you want the real Chemical Agent Resistant Coating (CARC) paint?

This question is covered many many times in the paint Forum and many of the other truck sections.

You can get real CARC paint, fake CARC enamal, house paint, or just about anything you want.

And yes 686 is just a color code for desert tan.
I prefer the real CARC. Is this stuff real? I like the idea its spray paint. For touch ups.
http://www.rapcoparts.com/spraypaint.html

AceHigh

I have used a lot of the Rapco paint. It is a CARC substitute, not CARC. They describe it as "[FONT=arial, helvetica]ALL PAINTS ARE GILLESPIE COATINGS,INC. NON ACRYLIC ALKYD ENAMEL!"

Personally I am very happy with the enamel rather than get into using CARC. It may be great, I just am not familiar with it. BTW if you use Rapco and you use a hardener (as I do) it gives it a shiny appearance as opposed to the flat GI CARC paints, but it sure makes it easy to work with and long lasting.
[/FONT]

7081M1102

I have used a lot of the Rapco paint. It is a CARC substitute, not CARC. They describe it as "ALL PAINTS ARE GILLESPIE COATINGS,INC. NON ACRYLIC ALKYD ENAMEL!"

Personally I am very happy with the enamel rather than get into using CARC. It may be great, I just am not familiar with it. BTW if you use Rapco and you use a hardener (as I do) it gives it a shiny appearance as opposed to the flat GI CARC paints, but it sure makes it easy to work with and long lasting.
New to these paint terms. Sorry. The enamel is the home depot stuff or no?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For real CARC, you will need an EPA rated paint booth and a haz-mat suit when doing the painting. And you will pay the Haz-Mat fee on each container it is shipped in (IE, add $28-40 to each container/box) and $90 per gallon, vs $28 per gallon of the Behr house paint, available locally. It's your truck, your money, and thus your call - You decide! And as you will find in the paint threads (in many places) it called "Tan 686 CAMO".

KansasBobcat

I have been pleased with the RAPCO 686. It matches the slightly faded CARC really well on M1101 and M1102 trailers. I wet sand, prime with RAPCO primer, let it dry over night and then spray using can. The green and brown do not match the faded CARC nearly as well when doing the camo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks