• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do I start? Turns over but won't fire up

raf32

I've noticed that my M1009 has been taking longer to start 5-10 seconds when left overnight. I cycled the glow plugs twice before turning over and it's not firing up.
Can anyone give me a starting point? The engine is turning over quick enough, very fast actually, but not firing up all the sudden.
I'm not sure if it is Glowplugs or fuel. :roll:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like air in the fuel. Bled the fuel filter and look for air bubbles.

The tech manual troubleshooting section is always a great place to start.

raf32

I took the top plug off the fuel filter and bumped the starter, it's full of fuel and shot about 6 inches up in a half second. I can see grey smoke coming out of exhaust when turning it over so I think it's getting fuel although I could be wrong.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Yep. The starting point is the glow plugs. Check resistance of each plug to ground. You should have about 1.2 ohms of resistance on each one. I'll bet that several have failed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks