• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do I stop

Rebelpride

I have a '85 M1009 that I am trying to fix up some what to insure that my investment lasts another 22 years. But my question is how far do I go in trying to stop the rust. The truck came from the coast an is not what I would consider rusted bad, its just here and there and on the frame and body and springs and axles and steering linkage. Do I need to get rid of all the rust or just shut up and drive it. Also what are your thoughts on getting the inside repainted.

Bobert

Depends how bad it is. If there ar holes, you might want to rivet or weld on some new sheet metal.

Or, you can be like me and spray paint over the surface rust to keep it looking nice. I think thats keeping it genuine as the army wouldn't take the time to do it nice.

You can't go wrong with a wire brush and a can of spray paint.

( oh and my picture over there is from ebay before I repainted it)