• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do you source your parts?

harleyrkc

The issue isn't just where to find the materials for normal maintenance and repairs but I want to know what you guys are using and where your purchasing it. What suppliers and materials are you guys having the best result with?

I'm getting ready to change the oil and I'm thinking of using Amsoil Marine grade and I'm leaning towards the complete filter set from Eriks. Any opinions or suggestions? I'm also going to need some DOT 5 to get the brakes working but haven't tried to locate that yet.

Also I need to repair the vents on my cargo cover, does anyone know where I can find the turn buttons that are used to close the vent.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Erik's is good. I think Delo 15w40 has done fine by my truck and is one of the cheaper oils. The marine grade will be a waste IMHO. Dot 5 is available from most of the surplus places, buy it in a gal jug and it should be $30-40. Dunno on the cargo cover parts, sorry.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Erik's is excellent for parts. Napa has some of the filters. They should have the DOT 5 also. I've used Rotella and Delo oil. Which cover do you have? Is it canvas or the rubberized vinyl?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I checked at Napa about Dot 5. Even if you get the "good" prices there, you don't want to pay their prices. $200-ish a gal. if I remember correct.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I checked at Napa about Dot 5. Even if you get the "good" prices there, you don't want to pay their prices. $200-ish a gal. if I remember correct.
It's not cheap that's for sure. I get mine from a local parts store and it's about $30 quart. Between my three trucks I haven't used a half gallon yet. For as much as I use I don't need to have a partial container on the shelf.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not cheap that's for sure. I get mine from a local parts store and it's about $30 quart. Between my three trucks I haven't used a half gallon yet. For as much as I use I don't need to have a partial container on the shelf.
I would not pay over 30-35 a gallon. It is available. My last 2 gallons were $10 ea.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm leaning towards the complete filter set from Eriks.
Just make sure they are military filters. I ordered a set of filters from Rapco. Mainly because I wanted the military primary fuel filter (the aftermarket replacement will work but it's not the same). When they came in the mail they were NAPA filters. I've got a special deal at NAPA for filters. I could have saved money on filters and shipping if I had known they were just going to send me NAPA filters :-x.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One other consideration: You may look at the spin on filters, not military but nice. JATONKA sells them. Can't wait to get a set.

oldshep

I work at Oriellys. We have duece oil and fuel filters in stock in Wix. Had Mobil delvac 15-40 on sale a while back for $7.99 a gallon. Wheel bearings and lots of other parts we have in stock or can get. Have got parts from OD irn, Boyce, Dodge City, and Memphis Equip and have been happy with all of them

mcmullag

NAPA filters

the NAPA primary fuel filter is 3511 and it comes with the correct gasket.
the NAPA secondaries fuel filters are 3512 but you need to also purchase 2 5070 gaskets from them, the ones that come with the 3512 filters do not fit correctly. the NAPA oil filters are 1133.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks