• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where does the license plate go??

Coalman

I just got my classic plate and was wanting to know the best place to mount it I live in Pa,do I have to mount it? or can I just put it in the glove box like some others do? If I do have to mount it where is the best place and do I need a light? (I know you are supose to have a plate light but I don't on my dump truck as they get ripped of and knowbody every made a big deal It passes state inspection twice a year without) can it be mounted on the front bumper? I already seen tractor trailers with it on the front only

eagle4g63

I stuck mine in the front window. I'll be getting a historical plate for it in November when it expires(less headache). Here if it is registered as such I was told that I don't have to add anything that didn't come on the vehicle originally!!! So, I take it as I don't need no stinking plate mount or light!!! You might check with your state about any such laws. Best to check at the BMV not the cops-they will just lie to you and try to argue the law.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact a Trooper in your state and ask.
:ditto:

It really depends on your state. I know TN cops don't seem to care where you mount it as long as you mount it somewhere outside.

I re-drilled my plate and mounted it in existing holes in my mud flap (the metal part). I had to cut a couple of spacers out of pipe so it would clear the ribs in the metal. No light but the cops don't seem to care about a light.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Eagle4g63, Being from the Motor city, The law in Michigan is simple and is used by every judge.

They use the phrase " ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT". If your MV was made as original W/O a plate light or mounting screw holes, the plate can be mounted anywhere with out a light.

I was stopped in Bloomfield Hills, Mi by a Nazi Rookie, I got my 3 tickets and won in Court. It cost me $800.00 in legal fees and that was ordered to be paid and the Rookie was embarrassed in court. Made my day/week/month/year.

My lawyer was in court all morning and there was 5 people fighting equipment tickets, the Judge said it every time, "ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT"..! when my time was up at 2:00Pm Stan the lawyer quoted all 5 cases previously that day. He had my TM, maintenance and original paperwork. He was waving it like the AMERICAN flag QUITE LOUDLY. Case Dismissed. B4 the cop issues you a ticket always remember this term. Even a rookie is not that stupid.

monkster

I live IN we have a fairly agressive DOT and or state cops. I mounted my plate , only one in the back rt. with a light and keep a inspection sticker upto date.

Goose2448

You have to mount your plate in the rear of the truck in PA. There are very few states, FL is one of them, that you can put them in the glove box. Someplace in the back. As for a light, that has always been a crap shoot up there. I know a few offcers that would write you for anything, and some that just dont care. Talk to the local PD, let them know you have it, where you plan on parking it, what you will use it for. They like to know, and it never hurts to have the police on your side. They can also answer a lot of your legal questions on the trucks better then everybody that dose not live where you do

Prankster

Put it on the mudflap but,..

If you don't get yourself a License plate light you are going to be in a whole heap of trouble!

The way things are going, you will be arrested as a terrorist for sure.

hilber

Local police in many small towns will write you without a tag light. However if it never had one, i think you can get by. May have to go to the judge, but I have heard it works. A deputy also told me its good to go if it never had one.

I was going to Warner Robins in the M1009 and had my tag on the front, due to the pintle hook on rear and the local police in Gray saw me go by and he finally stopped me by the time I got to Macon. He didn't like it on the front but couldn't do much about it I guess as he gave me the total check out as if I was aterrorist and let me go.

Coal Cracker

I mounted mine on the metal part of the left mudflap, no light and I havent been stopped, I'd mount it, don't give them a reason to stop you, cause they'll start fishing.

Last edited:

shenkmen

I mounted mine under the back left corner of the bed and lighted it as my understanding of the PA regs dictated that I should if I wanted to drive it at night.

I also figured it would save me trouble in the long run.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks