• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where is a good place to get a C turbo? how long do i need to let the turbo cool down

Where is a good place to get a C turbo? How long do i need to let the turbo cool down before shutting off the motor? What are pyros and how do they work,do i need one? is there a boost gauge on the truck? or where is a good place to get one,and how do i hool it up?

Thanks,:grd:

sp00n

Most will tell you to let it idle for 5-10 minutes before you shut it off. I don't think you need to baby it quite that much but its definitely not good for it to be run hard then shut off immediately. I usually idle mine for 2-3 minutes before shutting it down after regular around-town stuff. If I'm out on a trail I give it more time. If I'm making a series of quick stops I usually just don't turn it off. It doesn't have a key anyway, if someone wants to steal it there isn't much stopping them.

Pyro keeps track of EGT (exhaust gas temp), unnessicary unless you want to turn up the fuel (more power). Keep the temp under 1200F. If your truck is blowing a good amount of black smoke at idle and you don't have a pyro, get one.

No boost gauge. I think in factory trim they run around 18PSI at full boost. I am likely wrong.

Sutphensvc

Turbo need cooled down to oil temp in a perfect world. If the truck has been run hard, or in stop/go traffic or in town, about 5mins.

A pyro is a good idea, the go in the exhaust as close to the output of the turbo as possible. Most truck parts companies can order a pyro setup for you. Truckpro, fleetpride, napa, etc.

They are really easy to hook up, you drill a hole in the exhaust pipe, weld in the nut that comes in the kit, screw in pyro sender, run and connect the two wires from sender to gauge, and hook power up.

That's an easy piece of insurance for your truck. Make sure you buy a good brand setup. Yes, the good ones cost around 200.00-300.00.

A boost gauge, is a good way to see the power the turbo is putting out, but not as important as a pyro setup.

If you need more info or help let me know.

treessw

Alot of this is answered in previous threads including pics. Try the search function. These previous threads actually have all the answers and hook ups etc that you are after. If your after power, stay with your D turbo. Going to C turbo you lose 1-3 HP. If your after the sweet sound C turbo all the way. If you turn your fuel adjustment up (Search Previous threads) you will definitely want to have the gauges in place prior to running the MV

These baby's are not designed for SPEED!! REMEMBER THAT!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks