• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where is the cooling system drain on the engine block?

Found the one on the radiator, but still looking for the one on the engine block. I found a post on here that said there were 2 on each side near the oil pan, but I didn't see any.

I'm looking in the TM 9-2320-209-20-3-1 technical manual, page 6-50, and trying to find item number 2 in the picture.

Thanks!

Dennis

Farmun

One is on the back end of the block, passenger's side, a few inches above the oil pan. Difficult to see from the top with the air filter can in the way. This is where I piped in the block heater (but we don't discuss block heaters anymore). :beer:

Barrman

It is easier to feel than it is to see. Mine is just below the starter solenoid. Mine was plugged up also. So, once you do find it, remove it all the way to get any crud laying around back there out.

Wolf.Dose

Barrman is at the truth. What you can not see, try to feel it. The problem is not only yours. During rebuilding engines these cocks are very often replaced by plugs. Do you have rebuilding tacs on your engine? If so, some of the cocks will not be there by this or that reason.
Wolf

Earth

Yes, it's right next to the oil pressure sending unit. To the right about an inch and a half. This is almost up to the firewall, above the starter, and to the left of the starter relay. Take off the air filter and you won't have to go by braille.