• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where M1009's issued with mud guards?

linx310

I just noticed my driver side front wheel well has a rubber skirt covering the inner portion. The skirt even has the letters KL cut into it.

I noticed all the other wheel wells dont have this guard but do have what appears to be mounting locations.

Where these issued with rubber mud guards or did some one in the Army add this?

Attachments

rnd-motorsports

yes they came with them some may have come off but all that I have seen have them my 1008 and my 1028 even have them all prodution and military trucks came with them ,just on the front!

lindyp38

i was wondering that myself.......as i have those letters there.......

but i was thinking of the traditional mud flaps..........

did they come with those too...?

rnd-motorsports

LMC has them the left front is 30-2402 left/rear is 30-2404 and the right is 30-2403 the right/rear is 30-2405 the rear are not for the rear wheel but are for the rear of the front and are plastic keep the junk off the front cab mount any 81 thru 87 trucks should have had them from the factory they are about 55.00 a complete set with mounting clips plus shipping may find them cheaper if you look around [thumbzup]

linx310

the rear are not for the rear wheel but are for the rear of the front and are plastic keep the junk off the front cab mount
Do any of you have a picture of what this rear plastic part looks like?

I need to see if mine are missing or not before ordering.

Also LMC list two splash shield kits. One if the front has quad shocks, and another if it does not.

Which one should I order?

Shop Rat Fab

The plastic one is under the front fender between the steel inner fender and the fire wall/frame and its held on by 3 or 4 plastic push pins unless its all jacked up like mine then its held in by zip ties. If your 09 is stock it does not have quad shocks.

Last edited:

rnd-motorsports

The part number from lmc you want is 30-2402 for left hand and 30-3403 for th right hand if you still need a pic let me know will get one for you the splash shield from lmc come with the clip's to mount them