• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where planes go to die

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the photos. Curious, can they be reactivated? or are they a parts base for still flying aircraft? Hard to believe a B1B is there. Guess I'm gettin older. Love the shot of the Aardvark! What a bird!!

God bless,
Tony

taylordc15

They can get reactivated, the F-4's that were there were all refurbished as drones, when I was there they had a bunch of F-16's being readied for sale to one of our allies, several of the C-130's were pulled out last year and sold to Japan

gunboy1656

The only way I will get to check out the area is by sat images. There is one part you can see a CH53 in a left bank turn as it is flying out.

The museum down the road from me has parts being saved for them but can't afford to go out and get them.

combatmech

Thanks for the photos. Curious, can they be reactivated? or are they a parts base for still flying aircraft? Hard to believe a B1B is there. Guess I'm gettin older. Love the shot of the Aardvark! What a bird!!

God bless,
Tony
They can get reactivated, the F-4's that were there were all refurbished as drones, when I was there they had a bunch of F-16's being readied for sale to one of our allies, several of the C-130's were pulled out last year and sold to Japan
When I worked up at NSAWC ( AKA Top Gun ) We revived a dozen or so F-16A's that had been built for Pakistan in the early 90's. One Diplomatic SNAFU later, they were never delivered. most of the air-frames had less that 20 hours on them at the time.
Love the shot of the C-1 Traders. Sure would be great if they would release them to the warbird public.

TucsonVTXF

When I worked up at NSAWC ( AKA Top Gun ) We revived a dozen or so F-16A's that had been built for Pakistan in the early 90's. One Diplomatic SNAFU later, they were never delivered. most of the air-frames had less that 20 hours on them at the time.
Love the shot of the C-1 Traders. Sure would be great if they would release them to the warbird public.
back in 97-01 the f16's were still in storage with the tail marking still intact. I haven't seen any of them lately..
really nice video of what's down the road from me.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS-CXQO0ZQk

Last edited:

quickfarms

Weather the birds are reactivated, rebuilt or striped for parts they are serving a purpose and worth for more than the scrap.

It would be nice to se some of the older aircraft released and restored.

steelypip

I was curious about the row of missiles. I'm guessing those are the Titan IIs. The B-1B was such a maintenance nightmare that I'm not surprised at all to see it gracing AMARC. Seeng the BUF cut up just made me sad... Nice to see that they're still taking good care of the warthogs. TAC/ACC has always hated them because they're low and slow, but they're just too tactically useful to get rid of. I know they've been put in and out of the boneyard more than once already.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks