• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to buy bridge plate numbers?

Jinx

My deuce came with a bridge place bracket, but no numbers. (See avatar) Can someone recommend a place to purchase a set of bridge plate numbers? From reading previous threads here, it looks like I need a set of 10 numbers. 5 on each side to keep them properly secured, or do I just need the 0 & 8 numbers?

Any suggestions? Is anyone parting out a deuce that still has the bridge numbers?

Last edited:

JDToumanian

Sounds like he needs the C plate, too....

If you can't find the pieces you need, the complete plate kits with the brackets and the mounts, bolts, etc. is usually around only $20 or so. Dave Walker / Walker Auto & Truck Wrecking has complete kits, he ships. 760-244-8060

Jon

Jinx

Just wanted to say thanks to Maddawg308 for the bridge plate numbers. They look great! I've attached a couple of photos taken right after the numbers were installed. It was raining at the time so I got pretty wet. lol

Attachments

Jinx

My truck came without the radiator guard. The mount for the bridge plate came installed exactly as you see it. All I did was add the numbers. So I'm guessing it was used without the radiator guard.

How is the radiator guard mounted to your truck?

nchittendon

Visiting old threads thanks to Google.......
I don't suppose someone could just MAKE their own plates? I have a M35A2 and I don't even plan on having a trailer (right now), so the "08" is all I would need anyways.......I already have templates for the numbers/letters, so would it be safe to assume I could just make my own? I already have the circle mount on the truck....

KsM715

You could make your own but the problem is that the top plate in combination with the rest of the numbers is what holds them all together so just one set of numbers wouldn't really do any good.

HDN

Were these all metal or were plastic ones ever made? I could probably 3D print a plate out of ABS or ASA and make numbers for them, or get stick-on numbers from the local hardware store.

Otherwise I don't think it would make much a difference in material if someone was just looking at it instead of tapping it with a finger :p

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick Larson used to carry the number decals/stickers so you could refresh the numbers on old plates. Can't say I have see anyone making repro but yes, it would work just fine out of another material. They are relatively thin and typically hold 2 or 3 numbers per side.

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks