• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to buy cummins glow plug?

Sephirothq

I just got the antique tags for the M818 tractor. I got the glow plug from Ashland Diesel. It took a few days to get in stock. But it does work. I had the truck running today and took it for a little trip. I let it run until the water temp was up to 140F on the gauge.

The heater that i installed works. I have to tape up the holes in the cab. I think someone put a new cab on it from an M35A2. but that's how I got it.

As far as my fleet goes, I have 2 M35A2s that i have antique tags for, 4 other M35A2s in various states, one of these is really nice that i had for sale. one M185A3 truck, one M109A3 truck. and 6 M105A2 trailers and 2 M119 trailers.

All my trucks are just big toys.

Earth

It's the cold time of the year again. Found this thread on a search for "CH48" for my 5 ton. Just wanted to report I can get it from NAPA for $28 and change.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The glow plug and seal washer are still current parts and available from Cummins. Both are at the Memphis Distribution Center so they can be ordered thru any Cummins dealer or distributor.
Glow Plug P/N....210649....list price, $73.34
Seal Washer P/N...118273....list price, $1.33
HTH, Will

Earth

Will,

just curious as to any known difference between the OEM Cummins @ $73 and the NAPA match for CH48 @ $28 ? Cummins was the same price ($75) for glo plugs for the MEP002 and 003 gen sets, but you can get aftermarket ones for under $18 from GLOW PLUGS 6.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the parts book I have it just shows the plug. I thought the # was different than CH48. I'll check at work thruugh the factory parts side.

Capt.Marion

E-Bay - Search
CUMMINS MILITARY GLOW PLUG CHAMPION 2 1/2 & 5 TON TRUCK
$20 + $5 shipping. I bought one last week.
As long as that's for the Cummins- the Multis use just a sparkplug to ignite the fuel in the intake manifold, not a true glowplug...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks