• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to buy D-ring shackles

epitts

So where can I get the bumper shackles for a M1009 or the pins? I have three shackles and two are missing the pins. Tractor supply did not have nor did Rual King. HELPThanks

ralbelt

i made mine, took a solid shaft cut to size, stack welded two washers on one end, drilled a hole on the other. Ground down the welds and painted.

3dAngus

Tractor supply should have some 1" and 3/4" pins, but not exact replacements. they also have a close resemblence of the same shackle.
The 1" pins are rated at 25,000 pounds. Even so, I would just use them as a decoration on your bumper due to the unknowns.
I would only use good condition mil-spec pins for towing that came with the towbars. Not sure of your intended application.

Search Results

I should say though, tractors rear lift or 3 point hitch that use some of these pins, are capable of verticle lift greater than your Deuce weight, so I don't dismiss these pins as being weak or poor quality if they go on a tractor hitch. It's just that it becomes an unknown and I stay in my own personal comfort zone when using matching mil spec parts. These hitch parts aren't comparable to Harbor Freight, IMO, and much better quality.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have about 8 or 10 left for $10 each which includes pins. Buy 2 and it's a medium flat rate box, buy 4 and it's a large.

Downside is I am completely overwhelmed at work right now. I am hoping to get free for the next two weekends but after that, I will be travelling and will probably not be free for nearly a month based on my current schedule.

Dirtflirt

D rings

I have about 8 or 10 left for $10 each which includes pins. Buy 2 and it's a medium flat rate box, buy 4 and it's a large.

Downside is I am completely overwhelmed at work right now. I am hoping to get free for the next two weekends but after that, I will be travelling and will probably not be free for nearly a month based on my current schedule.
Carnac, any chance you still have any D rings I just need 2 but could be persuaded to buy 4.
thank you in adv.

Dirt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks