• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to buy paint, Gillespie maybe?

Blythewoodjoe

I need to start painting several vehciles, one being the M8?? I just bought and I was wondering how you guys get paint like Gillespie? I have bought it in the past but it was always at Aberdeen so shipping was not an issue. If I have to order it who is the best at having it on their shelf? And what freeking color? I think 383 is what most of you guys use on stuff I like but is that the green color in the 3 color camo, nato? I have always used 319 but that's because I have been buying for my half track. I like the 319 on my bobbed deuce but since I am selling the one I am making now, my taste don't count. Popularity is all that matters.

I would like to get some paint next week and I'm sure I could have some mixed locally, but that Gillespie is dang affordable:grin:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The green used in the modern 3 color camo is 383.

I can't help you on where to get it from and get it shipped reasonably.

jasonjc

Rapco partrs in TX has it. (940)872-2403 The "383" is a code or some thing for the CARC paint not the color. That green is 34094 and the brown is 30051 they call it 383 brown or green C.A.R.C. substitute.

and his web site is www.rapcoparts.com

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "383" refers to the three colour green/black/brown camouflage scheme. As Jasonjc said, the individual colours have their own codes which identify them from the Federal Standard. When someone says "383 green" what they are actually saying is "Green Fed Standard 34094 as used in the 383 camouflage". Make sense?? :-D

This has been covered in some other threads, but I'll add it anyway- the first number 3 means it is flat finish, so 34094 is a flat green, 24094 is semi-gloss, 14094 is glossy, all the same shade. The second number, 4, means it is a green, each colour having a code. Then the last three numbers identify the individual shade.

Cheers

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there both about the same price. so lets see if someone has used both and has a opion on which one is a better grade or holds up longer Tim;-)

Blythewoodjoe

The thing that kills me is the shipping. The whole haz mat thing. I guess I will order a case just to make it worth while. If I am understanding you guys, 34094 would be the green color that is on my CARC painted truck I just picked up. I think that would be a fine color for all this stuff.

Armada

If I am understanding you guys, 34094 would be the green color that is on my CARC painted truck I just picked up. I think that would be a fine color for all this stuff.
Yes, that is correct. Green CARC = '383' = 34094

Nonotagain

I have real, current production CARC if anyone needs any.
Supplied to what specification and who is the manufacturer?

The Mil-C-46168 specification is cancelled, however my main customer still requires that I purchase and use the 46168 product. Hentzen, Pratt & Lambert and Sherwin Williams still manufactrue to this specification.

I see references to Milspray. Per the Qualified Products list Mil-Spray is listed as party to Spectrum Coatings. From conversations with Spectrum, Mil-Spray is a repackager, mostly for touch up and brush application.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks