• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to Buy Rear Glass Gasket

rtbcoop

I have been looking everywhere for the rubber gasket that goes around the glass in the rear of the hardtop. Anyone know of a supplier? Or even a PN or NSN? I've called several of the surplus places and still can't find it.

EWhytsell

I used RTV gasket maker when I restored my hard top. The army used something similar as it was very hard to remove during the restoration.

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have used polyurethane roofing sealant on a variety of sealing jobs. It is very UV resistant by nature and comes in green, black and gray. I like the characteristics in that it hardens but does not become anywhere near brittle, nor does it flow when heated by the sun.

Do you have a Home Depot nearby? This material is $6 per tube: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/203163...toreId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=203163733#.UWimv0rPZac

Rick

rtbcoop

That was one of the options I was considering. I was also thinking of windshield sealant. I am just afraid they would be a major PITA if I ever had to remove the window again for some reason. Since you recommend it though, I may give it a test run and see how it goes.

rolling18

are we talking about the rubber/ felt type material that goes IN the window track where the glass slides??
if not, does anyone know where to get THAT stuff?
my rear slider refuses to stay closed heh