• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to find a corner door for a m820 expansible?

mdsuave13

i recently purchased and recovered a m820 the 917 miles from mississippi to baltimore md.(thread and pics/video to come soon). The truck is in better then average shape and has low miles. it runs great and drove the 917 miles wonderfully. no undercarriage rot and the tires are in great shape. I got around to expanding the box today to find out there is a good bit of rot in the wood paneling in the box on the interior side of the exterior walls and that one of the doors (the door that swings out to box in the driver front) corner is completely missing.

where would i go to find one of these doors? Would a door from the opposite side corner work? (looks like it may) and also, where can i get the steps, and other misc parts? (have one set of them, but will probably need some other parts down the road)

If anyone on this site has an expansible door that they could part with, i would be forever indebted to you. I actually plan on totally reworking the box and using it as a living quarters. Call me at four four three- 513- one three four six. My name is justin and i could really use this part. many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mdsuave13

also, i have the (supposed) working heaters x2 available for trade or if someone wants them for cheap, they run off the main diesel tank.

I also have for a good home, a steel radio workbench that has isolated platforms and trays for tools available.

laserlee123

Did you find a door for your expansion box?
Mine are fairly rotten too, but I can at least rebuild the ones I have.
You might need to fabricate an entire door for yours.

Do you know the AC model that fits in the back?
I'm still looking for one.
Mike

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
also, i have the (supposed) working heaters x2 available for trade or if someone wants them for cheap, they run off the main diesel tank.

I also have for a good home, a steel radio workbench that has isolated platforms and trays for tools available.
The heater on the driver side was fuel oil and the right side was electric. The good thing driver side was 120 single phase the bad is the 3 phase on the electric.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks