• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to find a MEP-003A ?

CDR

Im a diesel fan and after reading about this gen i'm hooked I need one! Where is the best place to get one

edgephoto

If you want a project buy from govliquidation.com. It is a gamble somewhat. I got lucky and my two run and work. Just really cleaned the fuel system changed the oil and filter. Then they fired right up. One needed a fuel pump and a throttle cable. The other needs a frequency gauge but it is my friends and he does not care if it works.

If you want tested and turn key then Green Mountain Generators.com has those.

CDR

If you want a project buy from govliquidation.com. It is a gamble somewhat. I got lucky and my two run and work. Just really cleaned the fuel system changed the oil and filter. Then they fired right up. One needed a fuel pump and a throttle cable. The other needs a frequency gauge but it is my friends and he does not care if it works.

If you want tested and turn key then Green Mountain Generators.com has those.
Thanks so much for the help. I rather buy one not running as a nice little project. What should I exspect to pay for one not running?

Jimc

I have been watching gl auctions and ones that arent missing any major components are going anywhere from 1000 to 2800. I actually saw one go for 4100 the other day but that is unusual and just way too much.

CDR

I have been watching gl auctions and ones that arent missing any major components are going anywhere from 1000 to 2800. I actually saw one go for 4100 the other day but that is unusual and just way too much.

seem the rest of the world found out how much there worth

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what it's worth, a recent sale (11939) had a boat load of 03a's. They ranged from single-digit hours on refurbished sets to a few having several thousands of hours. There were a dozen or so at Warner Robins AFB in Georgia that had 300-700 or so hours. Some of those went, I believe, in the $700-800 range. A 2005 unit w/o trailer and w/very low hours went for ~$2400 at Ft Polk. Prices can go all over the place, as it seems that someone gets his/her heart set on a machine and gets it no matter the cost. Even at what most in this forum would consider crazy high prices, they are still a relatively great deal, given that the cost to the military of, for example, a 10kw set with a trailer w/cover in 1991 was about 12 grand. I suggest that it pays to be patient in trying to score one of these sets, and, if possible, to physically inspect what you might consider bidding on. I spent several months watching the auctions and reading and closely following this forum, then started bidding in September. Brought one home last Thursday. I also suggest that if you were to look around you will find generators that are being or will soon be auctioned off not too far from where you are. Good luck and welcome aboard. bill

storeman

Just keep searching the New Castle, DE and Pennsylvania GL sites. They get a lot of them but they seem to be aggregated nationwide for generator sales events. Also Ft. Drum/Watertown, depending on where you are in NY. Welcome.
Jerry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks