• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find cab air ride and fan clutch air system troubleshooting procedures, 2000 M1088A1

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My cab stopped air-riding and the fan stays engaged. I assume they run off the same feed which has been compromised somehow. Having a "fun" time digging through the manuals. Can anyone point me at the proper section of the proper manual?

If there is something which typically craps out which I should look at to start with, or just a general good place to start, please advise.

As always, thanks in advance!

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that's what I'll physically be doing shortly, but if there's documentation around for how to solve the issue, I'm ok not re-inventing the wheel.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldnt that maybe be a bad relay sending power to the cylinoid behind the p. side kick panel maybe take that panel off and tap that cylinoid with a wrench or such ! Theres videos on youtube at the greatwestern roundup at hellicools hellipad on you tube of lmtv able sean filner fixing/replacing that cylinoid at the festival

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With your air pressure built up does the passenger dash hiss/ pop off when you flip the main power rocker switch and again when you flip it off ?

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Chucky.

No popping or hissing.

Just pulled the line at the solenoids (2 because its a 1088). No air supplied. Starting to trace the feed line backwards.

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is next on the list of things to tackle.

Actually, it's not next, but it's on the list...

It was working fine until one day it wasn't. I unplugged it to get it home (relays kept cycling like a metronome) and have been working on other things since then. As part of a different project, Brandon (LostChain) walked through the troubleshooting process with me which concluded with bad ECU. Effort was again focused elsewhere, but with that knowledge, I figured I'd grab a controller from Christian and just be done with it.

I did do that, but now upon trying to get it working, well... it isn't. Not the controller, mind you, I believe it's the system. It's unresponsive.

So I still have a few miles to walk down that road, and as I work through other things, it is working its way up the list, but it has yet to make the top step.

Why do you ask? Would a compressor input disturb things?

Ronmar

The reason I ask? Well CTIS is a slave to the wet tank pressure switch, and that switch interacts with the protection valve setting. There are two types of switches but the only difference is slightly different pressure settings. Basically the switch closes above 117PSI, informing CTIS that the tank is full. It stays closed till around 89PSI, at which time it opens, telling CTIS that the tank has no more air to give. that protection valve needs to close at 85 PSI otherwise the switch will never open and CTIS will never see an empty tank indication from the switch. I think it uses this switch to kind of time/cycle its operation, so it allows the tank to fully fill at intervals so it can recharge the service brake tanks…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks