• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find fuel filters for Multi Fuel M35a2

cessnapilot89

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for a dumb question, but where is the best place to get the fuel filters and gaskets for an AM general m35a2 with the white multi fuel engine?

Doing my first oil and filter change today and want to get the fuel filters swapped soon

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sorry for a dumb question, but where is the best place to get the fuel filters and gaskets for an AM general m35a2 with the white multi fuel engine?

Doing my first oil and filter change today and want to get the fuel filters swapped soon
Here is the Spreadsheet for locally purchased oil (and other) filters

cessnapilot89

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys. Second stupid question, what is inside the filter housing on the right frame rail and is a single housing? And where would I find a replacement for that filter ?

Adrok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys. Second stupid question, what is inside the filter housing on the right frame rail and is a single housing? And where would I find a replacement for that filter ?
The housing is the first ( primary ) fuel filter. The filter is shorter than the housing so it can be used as a water separator. There is a spring inside to position the filter properly.
All the NAPA filters ( that i purchased ) came with multiple size gaskets. Take your time, I had a hell of a time getting the gaskets and housing to seat properly so they will not dribble / leak.
The fuel filters are all run in series, so I set up for increasingly smaller filtration.
From Napa I used:

Primary: Wix 3511- 10 Microns- Water Separation
Secondary: Wix 3512- 10 Microns
Final: Wix 33540- 6 Microns

Cheers

cessnapilot89

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I can attest that the Carquest filters do not have the correct size seal.

I being stupid and wanting to keep my promise to my son, attempted to reuse the original gasket and I leak like the Exxon Valdez.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks