• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find m1009 wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

71blksuper4x4

Hey guys, my name is Trevor and I am needing some help finding some m1009 6 lug 15 x 8" wheels. I hate that I had to clog your guy's area here as I do not have a CUCV. I have a 1971 swb Cheyenne Super 4x4 that I am currently restoring, and I need some 15 x 8" steel wheels off of a CUCV blazer because they except a factory dogdish hubcap. I didn't know if you guys knew where to look for such wheels. Thank you very much guys, you guys seem to have a very nice site here, and once again, I am sorry for clogging your CUCV area on here. Trevor

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, my name is Trevor and I am needing some help finding some m1009 6 lug 15 x 8" wheels. I hate that I had to clog your guy's area here as I do not have a CUCV. I have a 1971 swb Cheyenne Super 4x4 that I am currently restoring, and I need some 15 x 8" steel wheels off of a CUCV blazer because they except a factory dogdish hubcap. I didn't know if you guys knew where to look for such wheels. Thank you very much guys, you guys seem to have a very nice site here, and once again, I am sorry for clogging your CUCV area on here. Trevor

Can't help you with the wheels but if you're feeling guilty about this thread you can make it up to the SS community by buying an MV for your collection.

OLDCHEV4X4

Hello and welcome from Pennsylvania.
No worries, I dont have a MV yet either. But i do have several old chevy's and some wheels that you are looking for. Only thing is, I am using the wheels.
Someone will chime in with some wheels for ya.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trevor, you might try Government Liquidation. Sometimes you can buy an entire residue blazer for not too much money and get your wheels there.

71blksuper4x4

Thank you, I will look into that. Ft. Riley is only about an hour and 20 min. from my house. I use to mow areas of it when I worked for a nursery in college up in that area. Is it hard to use GovLiquidation? Trevor

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL customer service sucks. Have patience when dealing with them but if you do have patience, you can find decent deals. Beware of the EUC. It will delay you picking up auction proceeds for weeks or a month. Search the site for EUC for additional service.

There are a few folks around who have spares. I think HAWKMAN said he had a few more when I bought the one I needed, perhaps he'll chime in.

It seems GM made a lot of 5-lug wheels, a lot of 8-lug wheels, and a relatively small number of 6-lug solid steel wheels. The 'rally' style seems common as well. I dug through all the local junkyards and couldn't find a solid steel wheel with 6 lugs.

bbbang

You had sent me a P.M. I will send you a phone number. I will have some very soon, I have my new tires and wheels, but I haven't put my lift kit on the M1009 yet, when done, I would have 5 available and would try to get together with you on a set of four or five. I would guess it would be next month or so if you are not in a big hurry. I am doing the engine swap right now and the lift kit is next. Chris

71blksuper4x4

Sounds terrific Chris, I am probably about 3 hours from your area, but I am definitely interested. I am flexible on the time frame to pick them up from you as well. We restored the truck years ago, and now we are re-doing it, so it's in pieces right now. Just trying to get my parts all lined up. Shoot me a pm sometime. Thanks Trevor

HAWKMAN

I kind'a jumped into this thread a bit late but I see the guys here helped you out. This site is great and you'll not find a better bunch of people that will do all they can for you. Oh, I do have two wheels available if in the future when you are working on your 3rd CUCV:wink: you find yourself needing some spares........Thanks..:-D

rbrdvr

Looking for wheels for my M1009

I'm also looking for a set (4-5) for my M1009. I purchased mine from a private owner who put shiny wheels on it and I'm trying to return my vehicle to it's original look.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks