• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find real CARC?

Autonomy_Lost

Yeah. My best friend talked that way. He had an auto interior and auto shoppe and talked that same way about paint. Now he has a radical prostatectomy and is on estrogen.

Did you ever hear the expression “wrong and strong”.

Paint and interior section has a whole thing about Behr paint. Behr paint is my go-to.
Did I say anything to indicate that I was playing fast and loose with safety? I said I am reading and complying with the material safety data sheets, which is what everyone should do when handling any chemical.

Saying paint should be banned because its dangerous is like saying guns should be banned because they are dangerous. Its all about personal responsibilty, which unfortunately seems to be a long lost concept.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did I say anything to indicate that I was playing fast and loose with safety? I said I am reading and complying with the material safety data sheets, which is what everyone should do when handling any chemical.

Saying paint should be banned because its dangerous is like saying guns should be banned because they are dangerous. Its all about personal responsibilty, which unfortunately seems to be a long lost concept.
I never said anything about firearms, so stop trying to skew my statements. Firearms are a right.

I never said anything about banning the paint. So again you’re skewing my statements.

Cancer causing agents requiring special respiratory equipement are another story, and using them when not necessary is stupid. You’re not driving a vehicle into battle. You just want your rig to be pretty.

Live your life how you choose. Drink gasoline if you want. Just don’t expect me to support blatant mistakes. And don’t misrepresent my statements.

Autonomy_Lost

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, sorry if it came off that way. I was just trying to make an analogy.

And I would gladly use a CARC substitute if someone could make one that actually looks like CARC. I've used Rapco, I've used Behr, and I've spend hours online researching other options. So far I haven't found anything.

Since I am determined to have this truck look right, I am making the calculated decision to spray it with the safest CARC available, outside in the open air, and wearing a tyvek suit and NBC full face respirator which exceeds the requirements set forth in the MSDS.

Having 4 kids, I do take my safety and health very seriously, and I believe that I am not doing anything to jeopardize that.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Behr paint looks amazing. Just repaint all in Behr, so it matches.

I know too many painters and mechanics with lung disease and cancer.

I just want all our members to be safe.

Painting outdoors just exposes lots more people to the CARC. That’s why in many locations it is illegal.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah. My best friend talked that way. He had an auto interior and auto shoppe and talked that same way about paint. Now he has a radical prostatectomy and is on estrogen.

Did you ever hear the expression “wrong and strong”.

Paint and interior section has a whole thing about Behr paint. Behr paint is my go-to.
prostate cancer has absolutely nil to do with exposure to paints…every male in my family has had PC and never painted with CARC, it’s heriditary.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
prostate cancer has absolutely nil to do with exposure to paints…every male in my family has had PC and never painted with CARC, it’s heriditary.
For once, I will disagree with you Steve. This is my side of the proverbial street.

But you’re still the best.

Below is just one of thousands of articles about tumor risks in painters.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For once, I will disagree with you Steve. This is my side of the proverbial street.

But you’re still the best.

Below is just one of thousands of articles about tumor risks in painters.

ok, and once again…99% of my family never painted anything, it was known to my entire male side of the family that PC
was hereditary, probably why they ask on every medical screening if your family has a history?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, and once again…99% of my family never painted anything, it was known to my entire male side of the family that PC
was hereditary, probably why they ask on every medical screening if your family has a history?
Multiple variables are involved. With cancers its rarely just one thing. Mesothelioma being the exception.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter

That doesn’t mean that genetics is the only way to catch prostate cancer. Just like men contracting breast cancer at certain military facilities.

We are off topic. I’m happy to PM.

:derailed:

Last edited:

Autonomy_Lost

Ended up with type IX CARC because that's what I could find.

I used an MSA Millenium mask with a PAPR setup (powered air purifying respirator) and a new NBC filter which worked wonderfully. The positive pressure ensures that even without a perfect seal you wont be breating anything that doesnt go through the filter.

Only got one coat on but it looks pretty good already!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks