• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find reasonable genny ?

Hoolio

Sorry guys , I haven't been on this site in over a year. Sold my M-1008 Chevy and regret it today. I'm looking for a reasonably priced Mep-002A or Mep-802 genny. Prefer it to have sound enclosure. Used to be they could be had for 5-6 hundred. I guess I'm a little out of touch. Who handles these genny's without breaking the bank ? North East U.S. Thanks Roy S.

Ray70

Hello, I have some really nice 002's available. I also have spin on fuel and oil filter conversions that I machine myself available as well.
Right now I have 3 002's for sale. All super low hour, Lowest is 7 hours, highest is 250 hours. All fully tested and serviced. Unfortunately none have the ASK enclosure, but honestly you are much better off building an enclosure the put the machine in to reduce noise rather than the ASK. The ASK enclosures make service very difficult.
PM me for more info.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Totally agree if you go with a MEP002 you're better off building an enclosure. I have a MEP003 with an ASK and it makes it a PITA to work on.

I recommend looking at GovPlanet and see what they are going for at auction. The days of getting one for under a grand are long gone. I have one MEP802 left and I paid so much for it I'd have to get $3,200 to make it worth my while. I've given up on buying them because there is no way to go through them RIGHT and sell them for a price that makes you feel good that you are giving someone a good deal.

Ray70

Just be careful... says he used it for his well, doesn't say how long ago! The fuel pump is removed and looks like maybe the filter housing as well.
Definitely a good buy at $2000, just don't expect to throw batteries in it and off you go....
I'm sure there's more secrets hiding in there than just batteries and a fuel pump!
Also an 82' is the prime vintage to have the non-serviceable American Bosch PSU Injection pump in it, so be careful of that as well.
Still a good deal none the less, if you're willing to put in some wrenching time.

Jayhawk#44

That '82 Libby needs to go to a SS member! The nice thing is that that trailer has a built in Auxiliary tank.
Damn, just realized where it is!!! I was just in LA for work. Drove out and back, totally would have bought that and dragged it home if I'd have seen it before I went out there. Ugh!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks