• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find this brake fitting?

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just rebuilt my master cylinder and airpack. Apparently I've lost the fitting that screws into the rear of the master cylinder to attach the brake line (not the flare nut, but the fitting the flare nut screws into).

I have the nsn: 4730-00-591-5134. Problem is I can't find anything that matches it, only fittings that match one end or the other. Local shops just look at me like a three headed monkey.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm...

@ldmack3, that doesn't sound promising. But, looking at the link @davidb56 posted, this might be the right thing?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
part target says

adapter straight tube to boss part 109737981

4730-00-591-5134 An adapter having machine threads (straight threads other than pipe or hose series) designed to accommodate a tube on one end or an unthreaded end designed to accommodate a tube. The other end has external or internal machine threads (straight threads other than pipe or hose series) and is designed to facilitate a gasket, preformed packing, washer, or the like to form a seal at the boss. It is designed to join a tube or tube fitting to a boss or boss fitting in a straight line on items such as tanks, housings, valve fittings, and the like. See also COUPLING, TUBE and NIPPLE, TUBE.

Part Alternates: 10937981, 4730-00-591-5134, 00-591-5134, 4730005915134, 005915134

I did not find one for sale but why not write to peashooter. I bet peashooter hassome for sale.

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks @frank8003 . That's the part number and NSN I found as well. Asked local shops about it and got a blank stare. Not a bad idea to message peashooter though. I'll do that. Thanks!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks @frank8003 . That's the part number and NSN I found as well. Asked local shops about it and got a blank stare. Not a bad idea to message peashooter though. I'll do that. Thanks!

Guyfang

Staff member
Tech data for that NSN. Might help when asking for the part.
THREAD CLASS2A 2ND END
THREAD CLASS2B 1ST END
CONNECTION STYLEEXTERNAL SEAT FOR GASKET SEAL (BOSS) 2ND END
CONNECTION STYLEINVERTED FLARE (TUBE) 1ST END
CONNECTION TYPETHREADED EXTERNAL BOSS 2ND END
CONNECTION TYPETHREADED INTERNAL TUBE 1ST END
NOMINAL THREAD SIZE0 1/2 INCHES ALL ENDS
SEAT ANGLE42 DEGREES 1ST END
NOMINAL OUTSIDE DIAMETER TUBE ACCOMMODATED0 313/1000 INCHES 1ST END
NOMINAL OVERALL LENGTH0 123/125 INCHES
SPECIAL FEATURESFINISH FOR STEEL ONLY COPPER PLATE
MATERIALSTEEL OVERALL OR COPPER ALLOY OVERALL
MATERIAL DOCUMENT AND CLASSIFICATIONQQ-S-633 FED SPEC 1ST MATERIAL RESPONSE OVERALL OR QQ-B-626 COND 1/2 HARD COMP 22 FED SPEC 2ND MATERIAL RESPONSE OVERALL
THREAD SERIES DESIGNATORUNF ALL ENDS

ckid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@Mullaney , yes sir, have the washers. Deuce was missing both of them when I brought it home.

@BEASTMASTER , I haven't tried white owl. Just figured out I was missing the thing last night. Had hoped I'd find something local this weekend but to such luck. I'll be making some phone calls on Monday.

Sucks... Brake system is completely rebuilt- wheel cylinders, lines, airpack, master, and new remote reservoir. But can't make it go for one dang fitting 😡

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you ever find the fitting? I'll be going to split system and will need some.
Perhaps use something as an adapter then a fitting that fits the line?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks