• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find voltmeter bulb holder?

Pballer71

So today i was taking apart the dash in the M1009 trying to fix all of the lights that stopped working and replace them with red led's. While doing so i was going to fix the light to the voltmeter and the wire has completely pulled out of the light bulb holder that goes into the back of the voltmeter. So i was wondering where i could get another bulb socket that i could rewire in and fit the voltmeter? Or if anyone has any ideas how to fix it that would be super helpful.
Thank you for any and all help

Attachments

spectre6000

I'm having issues like that all over my truck. Everything plastic or rubber has turned to chalk. The gauge cluster practically crumbles if you look at it wrong. The Arizona heat did NOT do these trucks any favors... At least there's no rust though.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The old CUCV quote, "If it is electrical, clean it. It it is rubber, replace it."

spectre6000

LOL! Yeah. Add plastic to that. I've already done all the engine rubber (mounts will be this afternoon or tomorrow depending on when I get around to it, and that's the absolute last rubber anything in the engine compartment). Electrical everything is my next big issue.. I enjoy automotive electrical systems, and it is giving me the opportunity to add a lot of simplicity and redundancy where I want it, so that's fun, but I would have preferred to put that one off a bit longer from a budgetary standpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pballer71

Pballer71,

What is the part number for the red leds?

Bert
The lights behind the dash are 194 bulbs and the one for the voltmeter is a 1895 or at least thats how i ordered them. So i just got some on amazon and they have worked great and are really bright. Here are the links to the bulbs i ordered.
Voltmeter Light: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BP2BOUC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rest of the Dash Lights: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091YWA22/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hope this helps/is what you were looking for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks