• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get a deuce Bobbed

Rthomas

I live in La. and I was wondering if there are any shops within a few hundred miles that will Bob a Deuce.

Mfarms

i am up in texas about an hour south of dallas. we are about to bob my deuce and after i maybe willing to bob someone elses just depends on how bad it is. keep me up to date on if you find anyone or look me up to see if i would be able to help you out.

DUECE-COUPE

look at the members location map and see if any one is close that might lend you a hand. it is not hard to do, but an extra set of eyes and hands make to conversion much easier.

Blythewoodjoe

If you are serious about one, I plan to bob a couple as soon as I get them picked up. I have done a couple and $5000 is about what a real nice one is worth so you should be able to get it done. I sold my last one for more than that, but I had made a custom bed and put dual exhaust on it. PM me if you want more info. I live in Central SC if you are interested.

Do you have a truck already? Here's the link to the last truck I did.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/49936-my-step-side-bob-deuce.html

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
To anyone that would actually bob a duece I would recommend Daryll Braun...AKA ofroadroadfabworks.com.:lol:

(Takes cover in a nuke safe shelter)

asgtoolman

Blythewoodjoe, Just went thru your link to your step side, it really looks good.
To me finding the right bed is critical; I'm using an M101a3/M116. I also wanted a short truck, but still wanted to be able to fit a 4'x8' sheet of plywood between the wheel wells [for Saturday trips to Lowe's] The out-to-out dimensions on the fenders exactly match the deuce front fenders and the bed width matches the cab width, so to me it looks like it "belongs"
I need to ride over and visit you one day when you get into your bobbing, would love to compare notes

asgtoolman

bobbed_1971; Glad to see you on SS site. Last time I saw your truck was coming thru Florence on your flatbed on your way home. Pete should have mine completed later this week. He has to install rear drive shaft and test drive it; then I will drive it back to South Carolina. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Rammerjammer

talked to my gf's dad yesterday and he said that he would do a bob for 2500. He would need the deuce and trailer. He owns a truck collision place im Birmingham Alabama. If you are interested he can do it, pm me for more information.

Last edited:

Rammerjammer

He is going to do mine as soon as my deuce gets out of EUC. Mine will probably be the first one unless my neighbor gets his done first. We have looked at 100dollarmans write up and he is going to use the trailer setup for the rear springs. He said that he can do it in about a week. He can paint it any color of your choice for extra $.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks