• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get a M1009 starter

I'm looking for the best source for the 6.5 L starter upgrade for my M1009. I seen a few on ebay and was wondering if there is a better source for a better starter that some of you have had a good experience with? Thank you.

pistonium

My impression of things is that the reduction gear units on Ebay for about $100 are all made offshore. I've seen them for 24V for the same price. I got one for my civy truck and have been pleased so far. I think they are OK given the price/offshore quality trade off. Or spend $250 or so at a NAPA or similar.

Don't forget the bracket to brace the starter to the engine when the new one goes in....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks