• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get a new speedometer?

grayw0lf

I took my dash apart to clean it up & I think its time to replace the speedometer. It rattles & bounces all over the place, even when you turn it by hand.

LMC wants $160 for a speedometer, which is outta my reasonable budget. Any suggestions where to pick one up besides buying a whole new cluster off eBay?

Thx for the help,

John O>.

markg

they are the same as civilian model. i have some in my stash but i wont be back home till after the 1st. send me a pm. thanks. mark

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DON'T replace it. Have yours rebuilt AND calibrated at your local speedo shop. Don't have one? Look for someone who DOES calibrations on speedo's.

It's not cheap to have it done right, but when it's done, your ORIGINAL speedo will work properly and you will get another twenty plus years of service out of it. I've had two of my CUCV's speedo's rebuilt. I could not be happier.

Generally speaking any NEW speedo will be a six digit speedo, which is TECHNICALLY incorrect for this year vehicle. Most folks don't care. I do. I'm having the third CUCV's speedo replaced with an old one I'll buy from them and have them rebuild it. But I won't change the milage and I will keep the old one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks