• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to post?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other non US MVs. It is an "other", a "non US" and it is painted US MV color, correct? Is there a data tag in the truck? Pics or it don't exist :whistle:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The description for the "other non US" forum says,
A place for all other MV's not related to the US or others listed on the site.
Since these are ordered for the US government and used by the US government, I don't think it fits with that description.

When I get it home, I will definitely post pics and info as the project evolves.

I just wish I could figure out the best place to post it in before I start posting about it next week.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I have researched, only left hand drive mini trucks like this were ordered/manufactured by our government.

Right hand drive mini trucks are/were built for civilian use but in foreign countries. Then those get imported here when they are legal to do so.

I'd love to learn more about how these were/are used in service.
When I was assigned to McChord AFB in the late 90s my unit had several that we used all over the base. Very fun to drive. That's why I bought one. Fills the gap between the 4 wheeler and a truck quite nicely.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would say the Motorcycles and ATV's, the Gators and the newer Quads are there. I had one many years ago can't remember the brand but the motor was the same 3 banger that the Cushman turf master used and was made by Kawasaki. The lower end and the transfer case were shelled so ended selling it off.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, After a lot of consideration, that does seem to be a reasonable forum choice.

Be nice if the description had some kind of verbiage to include other miscellaneous vehicles(including the gators) too.

Thanks for the input.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps rewording the ATV/Mcy forum to support vehicle forum and revising the description would be best approach in my opinion.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
" or others listed on the site"

I don't see "others listed on the site" like what you have.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was hunting through DH's OP Threads for an appropriate place to post up this link.
Already sent a copy to him as a PM but also wanted to share it more broadly.

Considering the title and intent of this thread, and that DH started it, I have decided to stick it here.....

A special occasion for your ELVIS Calendar:

From The Hisory Channel's THIS DAY IN HISTORY daily email:

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-...a7642e8fe3993c77599ab617aee23d3ecf26cd4928376

Carry on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks