• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to purchase ford econoline fedex usps truck type side kick vents?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking to customize my HMMWV vehicles. When driving on a hot day, there is not enough ventilation. In my old BJ 44 Toyota, there were kick panels that would open up so when driving on the open road air was forced in by the feet and ventilated the vehicle beautifully on a hot day. I have noticed that Ford Econoline trucks and FedEx trucks and USPS trucks have these types of events. I have no idea what junkyards would carry these vehicles. Where would you guys look to source this equipment?

I would like to purchase the kick vents as well as the sheet metal on the exterior of the vehicle. That would include the vent and the spring mechanism and part of the fender so that I could easily patch this into my vehicles.IMG_0642.jpegIMG_0641.jpeg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try 7529312 on ebay
M939 series 5 tons have the door vent I think you are hunting.
Check out Cab Ventillator door, M35A2/A3, M809, M939, 2510-00-546-4759 on eBay!

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try 7529312 on ebay
M939 series 5 tons have the door vent I think you are hunting.
Check out Cab Ventillator door, M35A2/A3, M809, M939, 2510-00-546-4759 on eBay!
I love it, but I still need all the mounting hardware. That is just the door without the stuff to attach to the fender… That’s why I need to purchase with pieces of the fender.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have purchased a set. I will need to make hinges. I will need to reenforce the sheet Aluminum. I have an old Aluminum sign so I will see if the gauge is thick enough. I’ll use angle iron for the hinges.

I will probably make a dummy to see if it works prior to cutting into the HMMWV.

Do they make a gasket for this unit? I don’t see one so I am wondering if household foam insulation strips might work.

Last edited:

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like these units but they are 12”. I’ll need to measure it out. Maybe good for the hard top?
I put 2 in the roof of my 1083 one over each seat and 2 in the back doors of the truck that are in the spare sleeper birth ! I love em for getting air to circulate and in the cab its all i need unless its 100 degrees out at which i wouldnt be in the cab lol !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks