• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to purchase front axle seals and boots?

parlusk

i am getting ready to change my front axle seals and boots and was wondering where to get the best seals and boots at? i have looked all over the forums and net and there is a lot of debate on which seals to use. Also, what is a good price for them, the boot kit was like $86 and seal kit was $75. that seems high to me. any advice would be greatly appreciated. i want to this job right the first time and not end up with leaking seals. thanks

AceHigh

Good to see you here again! I use the silicon boots and so far they have both worked great. Sounds like you are going to do both sides and that will actually save you time over trying to do one at a time. It is so much easier to knock out the far side seal by sticking a pipe through the axle and hammering it out.

Navo

Acehigh told me about Erik's Military Surplus. I ordered bearings, seals, boots etc. he was very prompt with email questions and was great to do business with. I have replaced both sides of my truck and put a few hundred miles on them with no issues!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks