• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to purchase special forces upgrades?

DoctorCheney223

I apologize for the cheesy title but figure you folks would understand ;-)

I want to modify our M998 into an eye-catcher for our new retail gun store that we are opening. I don't want to spend a to much money so I plan on having one of my employees fabricate most of the racks and carriers for gas and ammo cans.

The items I can't find are the panels for the bed. I'm sure he could fabricate something up rather easy but I really like the looks of the units used on this vehicle that was used in Afghanistan.

BTW, I'm also going to save a few dollars and use a German MG ring mount instead of a USGI ring mount. I have an MG42 and MG3 but will see about finding an adaptor to mount the M249 or M240.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Railing looks "similar" to the protective railing used in warehouses to prevent hi-los from knocking over pallet racking.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
See this HMMWV from the MTA show this past weekend. Had every accessory known to man on it, and several known to monkeys.

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "SF" HMMWV's are custom built at the depot at Letterkenny. You wont find the parts for sale commercially, but I'd check ebay.

That tan 2 seater HMMWV looks nice...

REGULATOR

no windshields, had m-60 swivel mounts off the passenger side door, had a foot rest out the passenger side door, gun mount on top, the racks on the side, cant remember what they were, looked like metal troop seats almost,
usually had a ruck sack or somethign strapped to it filled with goodies, fuel ammo and water cans in and on the back. some had spare tires mounted on the back or tossed in the bed, not all were gucci, some were monster garage built locally and as needed.

all cargo area in the back, no actual seats in the bed area.

get some (spent )AT-4s to mount on the top/back/sides as well

trying to remember what else was in them... dont have any pictures on this laptop, but believe I have some good ones at home...

this was afghanistan 2002-2003 though, now they have the MATVs and other vehicles...

most of the time we had toyota hilux trucks with 60 mounts welded to the floor of the bed stickign up over the roof. that and land rovers.

DoctorCheney223

I appreciate the help folks!

I guess there is going to be quite a bit of fabricating but that doesn't seem to be out of the norm for a "SF" conversion.

I'll have to invest in some airsoft MG's for around town advertising and use the real units when we do our VegasShooters MG shoots.

Does anybody have a link to the rear panels and mounts?

thanks,
Ron

ONTOS66

See this HMMWV from the MTA show this past weekend. Had every accessory known to man on it, and several known to monkeys.

You got that right. The members of the club refer to that vehicle as the "Deathstar." The owner does like to "accessorize" his vehicles. Previously he had a mule with a .50 cal. mounted on it .. a 106 I would have bought = but a Ma duce?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is My GMV, I had to Fabricate all the Weapons mounts except for the swingarms, they are MSG original. I Fabricated the Rails as well:

Last edited:

DoctorCheney223

It just got this modification yesterday. We used some stake bed pieces and cut them to fit my vehicle. Also, I'm using a German surplus ring mount with a custom brackets to mount either the M240 or the M249. Next up will be the desert paint.

thanks,
Ron

Attachments

Corprin

Ron,

You need the updated seats, they are MUCH more comfortable than those things.

Another option we used, stuff the foam from the inside of a MK19 ammo can (or what you can source locally) between the bottom springs and the seat bottom of the driver's seat to make it more bearable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks