• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to register M1009; CA or MT

dagsurplus

I got a M1009 from GL and can register it in CA or MT. Have already paid CA sales tax. Can some members in these states please tell me what they paid to both title and annually register their GL M1009. Thanks.

HoJoPo

Montana offers permanent registration (if it's over 10 years old), pay it once and you're done. About $150 to $200 if I remember correctly... that's from my Dad licensing his 1977 Dodge W150 in Montana.

CA renewal for my M1010 (licensed as a passenger vehicle, not as a commercial truck) is $103 annually. Your M1009 should be similar.

EDIT: Called my Dad, his truck was $178, $12 of that was title fee, $10 for veteran's plates, $10 for donation to the veteran's cemetary, and $35 for the weight fee. You wouldn't have to pay a weight fee on the M1009 as it's a passenger vehicle, and regular plates would probably save you another $10, so it's likely to be less that $150 in Montana. Montana bases their fees on the residual (book) value, so it could be more or less.

Last edited:

Cucvnut

If you livein CA and you register it in MT, you will get a fix it ticket when they see that your address is in CA but registered in MT, You would then have to register it in CA...why pay more to register it twice ?

quickfarms

If you livein CA and you register it in MT, you will get a fix it ticket when they see that your address is in CA but registered in MT, You would then have to register it in CA...why pay more to register it twice ?
This applies if it is registered to you personally.

You can set up a MT corporation or LLC

AECS

I know that this is an old thread, but if he is military he can keep it registered in his home state, that is how I register mine in FL but live in Lemoore CA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks