• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where was your CUCV built at?

Memphisdoug

Yeh .. I guess they could be considered the "GOOD OLD DAYS". :beer: My youngest kid (hes 27) said one of his buddies is on a crew demolishing that plant right now. A 5,OOO,OOO square foot ASSY. plant... WOW... In the famous words of Bob Dylan..... THESE TIMES.. THEY ARE A CHANGING . :shock: :shock: I guess it's a pistol packin neighborhood now, Shoot.... it wasn't all that great 26 years ago when flint was booming with employment. He said they're (G.M.) having a hard time keeping vandles from breaking in & stipping all of the copper out for scrap. so they're demolishing it all. John
It must be another plant he is talking about. The truck assembly plant in Flint is still producing Chevy and GMC trucks

JUNKYARDJOHN

It must be another plant he is talking about. The truck assembly plant in Flint is still producing Chevy and GMC trucks
It could very well be (shoot he was born when I worked there) as I was just going by what he told me the last time he came down to visit with me (about a month ago) & he was probably mistaken about witch plant was witch. I haven't been back to Mi. in 15 years or so. I'm just an old country boy & that was my one & only time to work in a big shop like that. Quite a culture shock for a kid in his late 20s. :shock: Flint SEEMED LIKE A WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD TO ME!!. A big city full of all kinds of people that I had never been exposed to.It wasn't for me... I was always taught that the harder you worked.. the more you got paid. I was making a ton of money working there, but I just didn't feel good about working there. Kinda unforfilled.. ya know??? . I finally quit & opened up a little tool shop in Brighton Mi. until I had some severe medical problems (a stroke & brain surgry in 1994) & now I'm retired or disabled & live out in the Cumberland mountains of s/e kentucky. IT'S GODS COUNTRY HERE. :beer: I had to take the vow of poverty... but I love it here. I can go a couple of weeks without hearing another human voice if I'm so inclined. I just play with my old trucks now. THERE REALLY IS A HEAVEN ON EARTH RIGHT HERE IN KENTUCKY. :) JOHN

ODdave

It could very well be (shoot he was born when I worked there) as I was just going by what he told me the last time he came down to visit with me (about a month ago) & he was probably mistaken about witch plant was witch. I haven't been back to Mi. in 15 years or so. I'm just an old country boy & that was my one & only time to work in a big shop like that. Quite a culture shock for a kid in his late 20s. :shock: Flint SEEMED LIKE A WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD TO ME!!. A big city full of all kinds of people that I had never been exposed to.It wasn't for me... I was always taught that the harder you worked.. the more you got paid. I was making a ton of money working there, but I just didn't feel good about working there. Kinda unforfilled.. ya know??? . I finally quit & opened up a little tool shop in Brighton Mi. until I had some severe medical problems (a stroke & brain surgry in 1994) & now I'm retired or disabled & live out in the Cumberland mountains of s/e kentucky. IT'S GODS COUNTRY HERE. :beer: I had to take the vow of poverty... but I love it here. I can go a couple of weeks without hearing another human voice if I'm so inclined. I just play with my old trucks now. THERE REALLY IS A HEAVEN ON EARTH RIGHT HERE IN KENTUCKY. :) JOHN
Hes probly down here in lansing, not to much of the old GM plants left. My dad worked there for 36 & 1/2 years. shortly after he left so did the biuldings :sad::sad:

JUNKYARDJOHN

Hes probly down here in lansing, not to much of the old GM plants left. My dad worked there for 36 & 1/2 years. shortly after he left so did the biuldings :sad::sad:
I don't think so. he's lived in Howell Mich. all his life. He's 27 years old. Thats about 1/2 way between Lansing & Flint. (About 100 miles) Now he didn't go to colledge , but I'd bet my life that he can tell those two cities apart. rofl After 36 1/2 years I sure hope he retired on his own, without G.M. closing the plant b-4 he was ready. John

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think so. he's lived in Howell Mich. all his life. He's 27 years old. Thats about 1/2 way between Lansing & Flint. (About 100 miles) Now he didn't go to colledge , but I'd bet my life that he can tell those two cities apart. rofl After 36 1/2 years I sure hope he retired on his own, without G.M. closing the plant b-4 he was ready. John
probably one of the old AC plants

JUNKYARDJOHN

This is a travesty, my newer gm vehicle is compiled of more junk made offshore than American made parts.
And F- Flint!
Even back in the 80s all of the wiring harnesses & most of the electrical components for the pickups, blazers & suburbans came from mexico. (the only ones I had direct knowledge of... probably most models) Meanwhile... within 100 miles of me in the appalation mountains here in KY. theres kids that don't have proper tenner shoes to wear to school, & go to bed without a full tummy most every night. Don't get me started! John :( Oh... back on the subject.... both my cucvs were made in flint. :) John

Last edited: