• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where's Smithfield NC?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know but I'm holed up there trying to get a few hrs sleep. I'll be meeting up with the Forum Dictator in the AM to deliver the heavy SOB winch then on to my destination. Hey, these WiFi things are pretty cool!
G-night all!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW, I'm glad the wife reminded me to pack a jacket, its colder than a tin toilet in the Yukon here.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my way to VA for a quick puckup then back to FL. Will be in the buckeye come Aug.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, this wifi stuff is cool. I just met up with Steelsoldiers himself and spent some time and offlloaded the winch. He hopes to be back among us very shortly. Right now I'm in thr Burger King lot in Franklin VA sitting in the truck. Seems the coffee house across the street has wifi. This must be a crime! Anyway, be back chatting with y'all soon.
Kenny & Jonathan!

CGarbee

You came that close to me (Smithfield is about thirty miles from the house) and didn't let me know!! What a crime... I could have run down to the I95/US70 junction and waved at you (or tossed you a snack...).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Cabell I know it was a crime. I was on a tight schedule which left me with little time to do anything but drive. Left out of here at 8am Fri, drove to Smithfield (with Jonanthan on board) and bunked from about 2200 to 0500 then on the road to Hayes VA. Stopped in Franklin VA to drop off a winch then on to the sisters house. Loaded a pickup on my trailer, had dinner and spent a few hours then off to bed. Left there Sunday morn at 0545 and got home at 2240. To make matters worse I needed a deuce radiator that John Winslow has and I drove right by his house. I mean right on his street and couldn't get my schedule aligned to pick it up. In 3 years I won't have a schedule any more. BTW whats up with the 30 degree weather? Froze my butt off.

Desert Rat

Kenny,
That's called living in the North. It gets cold up there in the winter. That's why we're down here!

CGarbee

Now that you have passed by, we are back to having warm weather (for a month or so...), then we'll have just enough cold weather to kill off some bugs (I hope)...
Know what you mean about scheduling... I've got stuff in the yard that I've got to work on and deliver to a couple of buddies, stuff that I need to snag, and no idea of when I can get around to any of it...
I'm trying to make some time for a trip your way in the spring... If you haven't gotten that radiator by then, I'll haul it down for you.