• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where's Your License Plate?

akcucv

So I haven't been pulled over yet but I have had my plate just taped to the back window. Now i want to put it some where else that is permanant. Here they will pull you over for not license plate light so i have to wire a light. But my question is where has everybody else mounted their plates. I would like to see pictures to get an idea. I think my best idea was to get a mount for the hitch, but what if i tow a trailer then i have to figure out a different place. So let me see what you guys have done.

hobie237

I've got two self-tapping screws holding mine onto the tailgate. A little 12v trailer light on the side of the bed lights it up when the lights are on (wired into taillight).

K45

I thought about this as well. i do nto know about yall but I would not be using my pinticle hich much, so I thought about puting it there and leave off the pintcle all togethor or have a flip up design like they did with oldr car that had the gas cap behind the plate. Then whenever you are using the pinticle you bolt it up and the plate is fliped up because no one is going to see it from behind anyways. Thats the only clean way without drilling a bunch of holes in a tailgate. Good luck

dunedigger

I gave up on the bumper on my M1009. I used screws into the tailgate. I didn't mind cuz there is quite a dent in it and I'm thinking about replacing it. I don't like it on the tailgate so I'm not sure what I will do yet. I saw a picture of someone on here that fabed up something that hooked over the bumper, that is likely what I will do.

Croatan_Kid

Right side of the rear bumper, over the blackout light and I have a license plate light for a trailer on a small stainless steel bracket bolted on above it. I tapped the light's power wire into the tail light wire. It's looks like it would be in the way, but I've never hit it with anything and it clears when the tailgate is down. I'll look for a picture for reference.

EDIT: you can't really see the license plate light in this pic, but it's the best one I found.

BobM

I too removed the pintle hitch and put the plate there. I am planning on adding a reciever hitch under the bumper and making a pintle to fit. No light, yet.;-)

EO2NMCB

On the 1009 there is a large hole 3/4" maybe on the the bottom of the bumper, one on each side. Used some stainlees to make a bracket, bolted to the bottom bumper left side. No drilling required.

K45

All those that are placing it in the area where the pinticle is, can you use a civilian wiring harness at the bumper and the light set up and just unplug the harness at the turn signals and put the other one in? Will this work? If not I guess just running wire and a light and tie into the headlight switch could work I guess.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"no plate" is an option in TX. Use bumper #'s on the front.
Unfortunately in TX the "no plate" option is not widely known among the LEOs. I've been pulled over twice and even though I have a copy of the statute in my glovebox the only thing that saved me from a ticket was also having a trip permit. Yeh, I could have gone to court and probably got it tossed but it's not worth the effort. I've finally gotten sick of it and will just be adding the plate to avoid all the hassle.

sixfeathers

Banned
Here is mine. Don't have light yet. But its in a spot so that anyone behind you can see it with ease. I used my charger head lights as a marker then drilled two holes ,burn up a drill bit, then placed the nuts and bolts on.. As far as lights youthink that since it has Historic tags on it they would give us a break.. Well I guess We will see.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks