• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which 900 series do you like best?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I just picked up my M927A2 and am still amazed by the size of it. It's actually longer than the van trailer I was pulling with my M915 by about a foot.:shock:

I aired all the tires up on it today (well the rear tires.....stupid CTIS on the front won't allow an air chuck to be put on the valve).

I noticed there is a M900 series machine shop "Batmobile" van coming up for sale :drool:.....not that I have the money or the expertise to run the mill or lathe in it.

I can see I'm going to have to come up with some sort of sling for my tractor to use when changing tires......those things weigh at least 500 pounds each.

My truck is a HARSCO and has the Cummmins turbo diesel in it.....I haven't driving it on the road without a M931 hooked to ut so I don't know how peppy it is empty.

I like the M915/916/920's but without a way to make them pay for themselves they are expensive toys.

Attachments

combatmech

Guess I got bit by the 900 series bug over in Iraq. We had one...not sure what model it was.
I am very interested....I'm thinking I'd be ready to buy this fall. We'll see..... Here is a shot of the 5 ton we had.
Found a copy of MV magazine that had a good article about the 900 series trucks. Very informative.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up my M927A2 and am still amazed by the size of it. It's actually longer than the van trailer I was pulling with my M915 by about a foot.:shock:

I aired all the tires up on it today (well the rear tires.....stupid CTIS on the front won't allow an air chuck to be put on the valve).

I noticed there is a M900 series machine shop "Batmobile" van coming up for sale :drool:.....not that I have the money or the expertise to run the mill or lathe in it.

I can see I'm going to have to come up with some sort of sling for my tractor to use when changing tires......those things weigh at least 500 pounds each.

My truck is a HARSCO and has the Cummmins turbo diesel in it.....I haven't driving it on the road without a M931 hooked to ut so I don't know how peppy it is empty.

I like the M915/916/920's but without a way to make them pay for themselves they are expensive toys.
Richard, to fill the air on the front tires, there is a valve exposed through the rock shield. This will allow you to top off the air. Be advised that your CTIS may not like it if you overinflate your tires. One time, I inflated my tires to something higher than the CTIS calls for (the CTIS was not working properly surprisingly!)...but it was working enough to determine when the air pressure was too high...and it started to vent off pressure.

I find that the NHC250 powered 900s have much bigger beans from a dead stop than the A2s...but the A2s have slightly more power once they are moving. I like them all, though and have many variants in my yard right now.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the 923a2 it has alot of power,I just sold it yesterday to a guy and he wanted me to bob it.So today I started the bob job.As much as I didnt want to do it.I started taking it apart today.It should make an awesome truck.
Very sorry to hear about that. I actually bid on that truck, but got out way before you won it (we were not really bidding against each other). Sad to see her get cut up...but it is the buyer's right since he will have paid the price for it.