• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which is the best way to go?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I am actively searching for 'just the right' deuce, I have a question.

Which is the best way to go?

Purchase a deuce with a hard top and buy the soft top.

Purchase a deuce with a soft top and buy the hard top.

So, wadda ya think? What's the best way to go?

How much will a bed cover cost me? I've seen lots of places, lowest was about $400 and you can just go up from there.

Thx in advance. jim

Westech

CPL
I love the hard top myself. I know BJ will laugh at me but thats me. With the windows up and the heat on its nice and warm and the noise is much less in the cab. No need for ear plugs at all. Now having said that in the summer time its a oven! hot hot hot and more hot. Some times on the really long trips I dont know if I umm you know in my pants or if its just sweat. Well it comes down to what you end up buying lol whatever its a toss up. Glad I could help you out.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the hard top much better. After tropical storm allison i decided the soft top wasen't going to cut it. I still remove the top when it's hot. And it's faster to remove and relplace than the soft top. If you do any off roading tree limbs can tear holes in the soft top. Although when off roading i like to remove the top and lay the windshield down on the hood. Since you live up north, mabye the snow load on a soft top would be a problem? Anybody know how much snow a soft top can hold? When i go to the beach i use a bikini top for a jeep cj5. It's enough to keep me in the shade, but open enough to let the heat out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I'm on the other end here. I rather dislike the hardtops. They're funny looking. As far as a truck, I wouldn't let the top make the choice on the truck, tops can easily be changed. Go for the solid truck and switch to the top of your choice. Sometimes the ideal deuce is the one that you put together.

marksgarage2

I have to agree with Kenny. Its 19 degrees right now here and my deuce is nice and toasty with the heater on. I love to put the top down and is real easy with the soft top. I also agree with buying a solid running truck, no matter what the options it has. A friend owned my truck before me so I knew that he drove it 60 miles every weekend to our place. So I knew it was dependable. It started, ran and stopped well. I added the options later. You want to get a good foundation to start with. You can buy everything else. P.S. do you need two people to remove a hard top? Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks