• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which LMC printed circuit for gauges?

KI4FKW

Mine has just gotten too brittle. Does one of these LMC models match a M1008? If so, which one?

dependable

I'm pretty sure that will not work in a CUCV. Civilian 6.2 chevy trucks with warning lights covered oil, temp, alt & 4 wheel drive. I could be remebering wrong, but I'd call LMC and confirm what is in the 4 warning lamps before ordering or attempting to install in stock truck.

The CUCV has two alt circuits in cluster, and one runs 24v to exite alt 2. I know it is a 12 V alt, but I did confirm this once w a volt meter.

Trailgator

I have a M1009, the replacement printed circuit that I got was NOT FOR GUAGES, get the one for idiot lights, On the M1009, both alternators are 12v, one having an Isolated Ground to charge the rear battery. All of the Idiot Indicators for the 4wd and Gen1 and Gen2 is accomplished in the wiring harness not the printed circuit.

Hope this helps

dependable

I understand that. The point I was trying to make is that Gen2 light and exciter circuit are 24V, that is why it requires a relay, and why the LMC circuit will probably not work. If you want to verify this, unplug the bottom center fuse, fuse #12 I think. Below is Warthog's helpful thread on the fuse box to help you find the fuse, in case the writing on yours is worn off, like so many are;

Here is a picture I took years ago in somewhat related subject of figuring out the Gen 1 circuit, which is only partly documented in the TM. The 24 in black marker is the Gen 2 light.

IMG_0106.JPG

Edit; I suppose the LMC part might work if GM managed to use a civilian part that had oil light bulb in same circuit position as Gen 2. But there are many differences in wiring of CUCVs as compared to the civilian trucks. So it is good advice to confirm w LMC that it would work, or see if anyone here successfully installed the part on a stock CUCV w/o modification.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks