• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which multi-fuel engine is the best choice?

Flea

Saturn surplus sells connecting rods for the Deuce; perhaps shot-peening them would net a stronger rod? You could see about replacing studs for the crank and such with ARP hardware.

However, there comes a point at which a polished turd is still just a turd. rofl

Lonesome715

Amen to that. I am not trying to biuld a sled pulling, drag racing, tug-o-war, dyno killing, nitro huffing, power slinging beast. With 40+ year old technology, there is always room for improvement.

Lonesome715

Thanks for the heads up. A while back I found a site for a company that was selling "milirary" enignes but I cannot remember who it was. They had a biulding full of them.

It.s great to have a site like this for our "Hobby". The members are very helpful and the resources are infinite!! A never ending library of information. I am very glad to be a part of it. M355A2 with the name of the truck "Cheekako" which in Alaska means "Greenhorn" if you have not spent at least one winter there!!

Lonesome715

I agree, the people here seem to be good people. I an trying to learn as much as I can before I return home. That way I can hit the ground running.

joec

If you want a little more engine. Go with the one for the 5ton the M543A2 engine is 205hp "C" whistler turbo. GREAT ENGINE AND PLENTY OF POWER..! GimpyRob I believe has a M543A2.

You will hear alot of the cummins is better. But this is for a truck 26,000lbs lighter also then a wrecker. It should move pretty good and no problem with power!....2cents

Lonesome715

I am not really looking for more engine. I just want to make the one I get nore efficiant.

Thanks for the links. I will go through those threads a little later and see what I can learn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks