• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which oil do you use?

baja_power

In my superduty and Land Rover i use Rotella, Rotella T synthetic in my vette. But in the deuce i usually just use cheap heavy truck oil. What do you use in your deuce and what weight? do you switch to a different weight in the winter months?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Rotella 15W-40 year 'round

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Which oil do you use?

Delo, 15-40, year round. If its cold, put enough heat on it till the oil will drip off the dip stick. I run it in everything. Deuce, John Deere tractors, Transport truck, Lexus, Toyota.

Lee in ALaska

wsucougarx

RE: Re: RE: Which oil do you use?

Rotella T 15/40 in my Dodge Cummins for the past 8 years. Plan to do the same w/the deuce I just picked up and brought home today

Chow717

Re: RE: Re: RE: Which oil do you use?

wsucougarx said:
Rotella T 15/40 in my Dodge Cummins for the past 8 years. Plan to do the same w/the deuce I just picked up and brought home today
Same as above but have only had my cummins for 6 years and will be picking up my duece next week!

CGarbee

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Which oil do you use?

Used to run Castrol Agri 15w-40 but then they went up in price from being a buck less a gallon than Rotella to being a dollar more. I'm running Rotella now...

I use a lot of Warren products elsewhere and have studied the specs on thier 15w40 enough to know that they list the same ones that are on the Castrol, Shell, and Mobile products so I am very tempted to make the switch as the $$ savings would be large.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Which oil do you use?

I've been running Coastal 15W40 which might be packaged by Warrren. I can find no difference other than the $3.00 a gallon savings.

CGarbee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Which oil do you use?

Recovry4x4 said:
I've been running Coastal 15W40 which might be packaged by Warrren. I can find no difference other than the $3.00 a gallon savings.
Coastal is Warren... and you have nailed the cost bit that I alluded to... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks