• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which TM covers Brake Adj ??

fredrader

Hi All,I have the CD with a bunch of TM's but after searching for hours I still can't seem to find detail's for adjusting my brakes on my deuce..Anyone know exactly which TM covers it ? Thanks...Fred

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too many manuals on the disc for most. I use the 361 series unless I need more help then II scour the rest of the manuals for answers. By sticking to the 361 series you limit yourself to only 5 manuals. The -10 operators, the -20 unit maintenance the -20P unit maintenance parts, the -34 depot maintenance and the -34P depot parts. The ultimate answer to your question is TM 9-2320-361-20. Check chapter 8-7 hydraulic brake maintenance. Covers brake replacement and andjustment after doing so.
Hope this helps!

rdixiemiller

That is a problem with the CD, there is too much information to sort through on occasion. It helps if you have spent years working on vehicles and reading service manuals. You kind of develop an instinct for finding the section you need, at least I seem to have done so.
The military manuals are a little worse, they cover items in such detail (needed for draftees, I guess) that you have to scroll through page after page to find something.

fredrader

Yes it is a great CD and It has about any info a guy would ever need about the Deuce for sure [thumbzup]
I copied the entire disk to a folder on my computer and opened each manual and jotted down the TM # and what the manual covered and whent back and re named each icon so I can see which TM each icon was for without opening it..(Lots of typing) It made it easier (for me anyway) to find the TM I am looking for without opening each one to see which one it is..I would print them but it would cost $$$$ for the ink.

I am figuring it out a little but I am usually kinda lost unless it is on paper..Thanks again for the CD and I will get it figured out,I just have to use it more.Thanks,fred

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fred, I have mine on the harddrive and renamed with the actual TM number as well. No need to print out the whole manual, just print whatever section you need for the work you're doing then when its over, you can throw the greasy copies in the fire. The one thing I've done for the CUCV and need to do it for the deuce is make a copy of the wiring schematics and have it blown up a bit and laminated. The paper TM 9-2320-361-20 has a large pullout schematic that is awesome. One day I'll get that one done. They're great when chasing wiring problems, just take a big magnet with you and stick it where you need it.