• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which turn signal control ?

Lebowski

I'm wanting to install turn signals on an M37. Any particular units recommended? How about this one...
M-Series Turn Signal Control S-B100/11613632-1
What type of electrical connectors do these typically use?

GUNNY 155

Mine came with the old early Signal-Stat conversion and mechanical flasher box. As part of my restoration I converted it to the later style M series standard with electronic flasher used in most late model M series vehicles. Both kits have wiring that is propritory to that kit so since I was having a new harness made for mine it made sense to do the upgrade. The later style kit uses Cannon style pin connectors rather than screw terminals which makes life easier also.

SteveKuhn

Mine came with that newer style M-series control. I actually thought about replacing it with the Signal-stat model because I found them (somewhere) and they were the older model that supposedly was the original retrofit to install turn signals. A friend talked me out of it because of a list of trouble with them, not the least of which was the indicator light on the end of the lever being persnickety and prone to malfunction.

Steve

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lebowski: How are you going to handle the wiring? That is, are you going to try to incorporate it in the existing system, like in the BO light circuit, or add new lights, and keep the existing system intact?DSCN1995.jpgDSCN1998.jpg I had to re-wire mine, but I left the earlier turn lights in place, so the BO system is still stock. The type of controler, can be your choice. I just mounted two side lights to a headache rack for the A-frame, under my canopy. It keeps the installetation pretty simple, and other then some cosmetic changes, she is Stock.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks