• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whiffletree Pins

Coveralls

Does anyone have pictures of the whiffletree pins? I got a whiffletree from Army Surplus of Doge City, and it did not come with the pins. I think I can make them if I knew the length and diameter of the pin. Looks like there might be a piece of drill rod welded on top to keep them from backing out. Thanks.

citizensoldier

Sorry for the hijack.. But... Does anyone have a clear picture of a propper wiffle tree set up? I also have one without the pins. Is there a special set of shackles for the pins to go through and then hook to the shackles on the truck? I need the pin specs also..

joec

Re: RE: Whiffletree Pins

citizensoldier said:
Sorry for the hijack.. But... Does anyone have a clear picture of a propper wiffle tree set up? I also have one without the pins. Is there a special set of shackles for the pins to go through and then hook to the shackles on the truck? I need the pin specs also..

Attachments

joec

RE: pin for wiffle tree

SURE...4 1/2" LONG TO UNDER SIDE OF WASHER 1 3/16 DIA 1/2" OFF OF END WITH 3/16 HARDENED PIN THAT STICKS UP 1/4"

2" WASHER WELDED TO THE END INSIDE AND A 3/4" HANDLE 5" AND BENT AT A 90% ANGLE WELDED ON TOP OF PIN

1 3/16 PIN HARDENED

citizensoldier

Looks simple enough.. Yes, if you could post the measurements that would be nice. So all you are suposed to do is flip up the shackles on the truck and stick the pin through? for some reason I thought there was more to it.. and you use the tow bar with the axle clamps in conjuction with it...

joec

yes thats it flip up the shackles and tow bars to the axles with the chain straps.

Measurements are one post before this

citizensoldier

Dave ! You have a picture of your set up? I am liking the idea of grade 8ers with lock nuts or pins.. I dont know if I like the whole drift pin idea.. I sure would hate to loose 25k of truck because of a pin waliking out. Didnt you double shackle yours somehow?

joec

They wont walk put a clip pin in them. like on farm equipment
Just make the hole 1/4" on the end they do have 3/16 pins they wont come out.

I added a Holmes tow bar to my wrecker. the extra shackles are just to covert the bar for my application. I can drop the bar off and go back to the Military way if so desired. but I cant see ever towing that way. I value my Military tow bar and wont risk wrecking it.

citizensoldier

Ahhhhh...Thats where the double shackle deal in my head came from.... There are some nice drift pins ! I will be over to get them... LOL..
Maybe I will have to buy another wrecker for the complete wiffle tree? Think that would fly with the wifey? She is still recovering from the first one that I told her was yours Dave and then had to let her know why you have not picked it up yet!
Where would one find another nice Holmes unit? Maybe that guy from Dukes of Hazard? Hmmmmm... And I said I would never own a 5 ton! See what you did to me! Hehehehehehe hawwwwwheheheheh h

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks