• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whistler Turbo

bryan70546

Hello everyone
I will be buying my first truck in june . How do I go about find out if the truck has the whistler turbo on it , Hopefully i can find one with sorry i this has been asked before . Also what spare parts should I be looking to stock up on . Is the powersteering kit any good for these truck .
Thanks
Bryan

wsucougarx

The turbo that looks like a snail shell is a Whistler turbo or incorrectly AKA a "C" turbo. I would definately find a truck w/and airshift transfer case. Powersteering kits are pretty rare to find on an A2 truck but are some out there. Do searches, there is all kinds of info in here. I have spent many sleepless nights in here. Sleepless not because I couldn't sleep, but because I couldn't get myself to turn SS off:oops:

bryan70546

Thanks for the info , I fogot to use the search function :-D I found a few of the air assit powersteering kits on ebay and was thinking of adding one to my truck when ever I get it , But I must have that sweet turbo sound . I have a loud 6.0 powerstroke with a screaming turbo on it and love it.

wsucougarx

Theres a guy selling the power steering kits for $715 in here. He's got a 100 he's needing liquidating. The post is like 5-7 days.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

This is how it was explained to me:
The turbo's are designated as Whistler and Non-Whistler turbo. Though once common the LDT-465 1C's did come with a whistler turbo and the LDT-465 1D's came with non-whistler turbo's. These days there is a whole variety of combinations out there. Take this as you will, not sure why the two different turbo's exist. I'm sure Mr Doyle can help us out on this one

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So if I am getting this right, the LDT-465-1C's all origionally had whistlers and the newer engined "D's" had non whistlers? If thats what you are saying how do you explain the LD-465-1C's non-turbo?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks