• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whistler turbo

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even with hearing as bad as mine I can tell by listening. Of course in my case it's easier since one of mine is a D and the other a C.

I love the whistle and like DH (and the sign in the truck) says, wear hearing protection when you are driving it.

sw

BimmerPower

Banned
Where in the world can I get a whistler turbo??? Would it be as simple as swapping one turbo out for another? Any difference in performance? I happen to like my trucks LOUD and OBNOXIOUS!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a turbo that whistles, and is louder than my D. Is it a whistler???I have a non-turbo truck that does not whistle, is it a D? I have a hyundai accent, no turbo but want to run one. Is it a D?? Get my point.....

BimmerPower

Banned
Driving a deuce with a hangover by itself is painful! I want the whistler just to go around town. There's just something about BOVs, diesel exhaust and turbo whistle that just bring out the gitty in me!

This video here pretty much sums up how I feel:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnzw_i4YmKk[/media]

PsycoBob

I've read in other muffler threads that most of the whistle makes it out fine, but w/o the annoying screech.

When we put a muffler on my dad's D-turbo truck, we had to decide if we wanted to cut the pipe above or below the flange. I think a mid-size muffler could get a flange stuck in each end from a spare/damaged exhaust, and just get swapped in/out as desired. Adding the muffler's height to the stack would also help get noise farther from the cab.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks