• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whistling Wheel Cylinder

codyharper15

I put new rubbers in my wheel cylinders and when I was adding in the brake fluid, one of the cylinders kinda whistles (or maybe the rubber rubbing on the cylinder) when compressing the brakes, but not when letting off.
Before I spend the time taking off my wheels again and diagnosing the noise, I was wondering if anyone knew what the noise was and if I should even worry about it.
Thanks!

DieselBob

Have you bleed the system ? Could be air in the line at the cylinder. That would be my fist idea. You can remove the tires/wheels and the little inspection cover on the brake drum to check for leaks at the wheel cylinder without pulling the hub/drum again.

SMOKEWAGON66

:funny: "whistle while you work...."

...but seriously though...i would agree with dieselbob...air in the lines maybe...other then that I have no idea.

codyharper15

Ok sweet, I'll re-bleed that cylinder tomorrow. After going through all bleeding all the cylinders, the pedal is spongy all the way down, so I hope it is just air in that cylinder and not leaking! Thanks guys.

codyharper15

I was doing it the two person way. I have a bug spray bottle accessible, but it doesn't have a pressure gauge on it. I didn't want to mess anything up pumping it with a too high of pressure, but I guess get a gauge I will try that.
The order I bled was this:
1. Airpack
2. Passenger Rear
3. Driver Rear
4. Passenger Middle
5. Driver Middle
6. Passenger Front
7. Driver Front.

I had my wife pump three times and hold, than I opened the screw, closed it, then she let off. When there was no more bubbles, I moved onto the next wheel. Just like the TM says. I might just give the pressure sprayer a try tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks