• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White 160 AX Engine Specifications

Superdave

Does anyone have the specs for the 160 AX engine like the Bore size, rod and main diameters on the crank as well as torque specs for the head bolts rod and main bearing caps ?
I am refurbishing an engine for a friend and need these to find out what I will need to order for parts. I have done a few searches but I have come up empty. Also would anyone have a factory carb for one as he has one that looks like its from a mid 50's ford.

steve1973

Does anyone have the specs for the 160 AX engine like the Bore size, rod and main diameters on the crank as well as torque specs for the head bolts rod and main bearing caps ?
I am refurbishing an engine for a friend and need these to find out what I will need to order for parts. I have done a few searches but I have come up empty. Also would anyone have a factory carb for one as he has one that looks like its from a mid 50's ford.
The best thing to do is get the engine overhaul manual from Portrayal Press. I sell complete engine gasket sets, new made. I also sell the famous shop manual, M2 Halftrack Data Book. You can get a carb from Jeep-Dodge-GMC in Europe, https://jeep-dodge-gmc.com/smi/description/half track/WI372626. You can contact me for any halftrack questions you may have. 541-914-2916 or htmotorpool@gmail.com

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Steve's book is excellent, I can not say enough good things about it.

I am doing a pretty complete rebuild on a '42 M2A1 and the only component I haven't gone through (yet) is the rear axle. I've done the front axle, both gearboxes, the engine, the brakes, new tracks, etc.

Steve's book is high quality and I'd call it a requirement to own a halftrack.

I bought his gasket set as well and it was excellent - totally complete and every single gasket fit perfectly.

I saw one of those Stromberg carbs somewhere the other day - maybe eBay?

20210514_230559.jpg

20210515_151635.jpg

20210515_151651.jpg

20210515_151700.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks