• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

White Owl recovery 9/7/12

Malum

Unless something unexpected happens I will be heading to White Owl on 09/07/12 to purchase my first deuce if everything checks out well. If anyone with experience is available to possibly show up and help me and my father with the inspection it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone is interested please pm me for information exchange. Also if anyone needs anything picked up while we are there that I can haul in a pick up or possibly a deuce pm me.

Malum

Oh yes I've researched them. And I have no doubt it will be an honest transaction. It is more of a way to possibly meet another member, and learn a little on what to inspect, what needs special attention, etc. I did not mean for my post to seem derogatory toward white owl at all. My apologies if it came across as such.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Malum and welcome to the site of OD fever. Your participation in this forum will certainly make your addiction worse. We are enablers all.

Congratulations in advance on your purchase. You have chosen a reputable vendor with great prices and I highly doubt there will be any issues arising from your purchase.

I'll be passing through the area on Saturday, and I am hoping to meet George Kivett in person for the first time. If for any reason you are delayed and are needing assistance on Saturday, I am available. PM me if you like.

Cheers,

Rick

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Malum : I`ve done business with George and Terry at White Owl for years. Never had a problem . Great folks to work with. I`ll be in Morehead City on the 7th. What time will you be there ?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Company and Great Guys. You will have no problems what they represent is what it is. That said old vehicles are old vehicles. Make sure if you are driving home that you have proper tools to deal with any repairs, flat tire etc.

Good Luck and Welcome!

Malum

Thanks for the replies guys! I will PM you folks who are close when it is a sure thing. It will be set in stone Thursday, 09-06-12. If all goes as planned I will be at White Owl on Friday 09-07-12 to pick up my truck. So it will be a birthday present for myself, only 9 days early! :D

Malum

Great Company and Great Guys. You will have no problems what they represent is what it is. That said old vehicles are old vehicles. Make sure if you are driving home that you have proper tools to deal with any repairs, flat tire etc.

Good Luck and Welcome!
I count myself lucky. My father was a millwright at a local plywood mill for over 20 years. He has more tools than I could ever hope to accumulate. Luckily he is coming with me and bringing almost everything we can grab that is easily transported. ( He won't even let me near his big tool box even after all these years. LOL!)
My dad also finished up his working career as a professional truck driver when the mill he worked at shut down a few years back. So he's not a stranger to big trucks. I am so lucky to have a father who has forgotten more than I will ever know. At the age of 63 he is still willing to lay on that hard ass ground and pull on a wrench. Not that I would ever let him, but it's a fight to get him to just stand there and watch me work. :D They don't make work ethics like that anymore. I am truly blessed. And yes, My Dad is my hero. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks